8. A Face to Associate

Frank's POV

My hands shook as I folded the paper, my 50th note, and set it down on the ground. I was extremely nervous about finding out who this person was, so it wasn't helping my nerves that I would find out either today or tomorrow.

Over the past few weeks, I had really started to like Gerard. It took me awhile to admit it, but I definitely know that I do. What would I do when I found out who the person who read my notes was?

The plan was for me to be able to fall in love with whoever read my notes, but in reality, I wanted to be able to fall in love with Gerard. He was everything I wanted, and I just didn't know how the fuck I would go about this. Every single love note, every single poem, they were all written when I was thinking of the same person: Gerard.

I really didn't want the person reading the notes to think that the love letters were directed towards them. Of course that was the original intent, but now I wish I could take it all back.

I was committed to this plan though, and I would not let my feelings progress towards Gerard. No matter how much I wanted to be with him, I just couldn't let it happen. My love life was the one thing I had planned out from the beginning, so what good would come from it all crashing down? I would have to focus all my attention on the reader of my letters, and I definitely intended on doing that.

I needed to have control over my life, if only just for once. This was the way it needed to go. Everything would work out in the end if I went this direction. Besides, Gerard already said that he liked someone else, and I couldn't ruin that for him.

Perhaps this was a good thing after all. Finding someone else to love would allow me to move on from Gerard.

I slowly stood up from my spot on the floor, and left the closet, leaving the door slightly open. I made my way down the hall, and walked into the dorm room. Gerard was sitting at his desk, sketching something, and he had earbuds in, but he took them out when he noticed my presence.

"Hey Frankie," he greeted as he spun around in his chair to face me. He had a small smile on his face, and his eyes looked tired. He had woken up early this morning due to a nightmare, but somehow his tired expression made him look even cuter to me.

"Hi Gee. What've you been drawing?" I asked curiously, walking over to where he was sitting. When I tried to sneak a glimpse at the paper, he pulled it close to his chest with a light shade of red forming over his cheeks. "What the hell, Gee?" I laughed a little.

"I'm not ready for you to see it yet." He still stared at me, wide eyed, and I just chuckled while walking over to my bed.

"Okay okay, but will I get to see it one day?"

He stayed silent for a little bit before whispering, "maybe..." and he put the drawing in a drawer, turning his chair around to face me. "Hey do you mind if I get lunch with Lindsey? She's my best friend and we haven't gotten to hang out in awhile."

I smiled at him to signal it was alright with me. "Sure Gee, I don't mind. Have fun."

After awhile, he was gone, and I was left to wait. I seriously wondered when the reader of my poems was going to deliver their next letter, so I decided to text them in order to avoid any conflicts.

Me: Hey, the 50th letter is waiting in the closet whenever you're ready to pick it up. Just text me when you've written another letter back. :)

It wasn't too long before I got a reply.

Anonymous: K, thanks! :)

I tossed my phone to the side and laid down in bed. I didn't intend to fall asleep, but somewhere amidst all my thought, I somehow drifted to sleep.

I looked down a long corridor, walking to find an exit. As I kept walking, the exit seemed to get farther and farther away. Desperate for a way out, I began running, the exit moving faster away from my sight.

Voices ran through the corridor, screaming for me to stop trying. "Frank, you'll never reach the end, it's no use," they said. I didn't listen. I kept trying. I eventually ran out of breath however, and I collapsed to the ground.

Not long after that, I felt a presence approach me. I looked up and noticed a shadowy figure, pointing to something behind me. When I turned around, I saw a bright shining doorway, seemingly the exit. "The exit was there all along Frank, there's no need to take the longer route," the voices said.

I slowly got up to my feet and walked through the door, stopping when I noticed another person there. They looked like-

I suddenly jerked awake at the feeling of a vibration surging through the mattress. I looked over and noticed that my phone screen was lit up, and I picked up the device, rubbing my eyes to adjust to the light.

A small message appeared on the screen. You can come to the closet now. Gerard still wasn't back, so I figured I had time to walk over to the closet before he was back at the dorm.

I nervously stood up and put on my jacket. I was still scared of learning this person's name, but I suppose I would get over it.

Grabbing my key, I put it in my pocket and walked out the dorm room, closing the door gently. When I approached the closet, the door was cracked open like usual, but the light was already on inside. I opened it anyway.

Gerard Motherfucking Way was standing in the center of the supply closet.

I felt my mouth drop in surprise. He stood there, smiling nervously before saying, "I think these belong to you." He then pulled out many folded up sheets of paper from his jacket pockets. Gerard Way was the one reading all my letters.

"No fucking way..." I trailed off, still in shock. "You've been the one reading all my letters? From the very beginning?"

He smiled shyly and looked down at his shoes. "Yeah... that was me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier than this. I was kind of scared of how you would react."

"No no it's fine!" I was quick to reassure. "I just didn't expect it is all. It's actually a nice surprise." I still couldn't grasp what I was feeling.

Was this my destiny practically giving me permission to fall in love with Gerard fucking Way?

I couldn't be too sure, so I would just wait it out and see what would happen I guess. I felt a grin creep across my face, and I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was so happy that it was Gerard. Hell, I didn't even think about the possibility of it being Gerard.

"So... all those texts were yours?" He nodded in response. "And the times you had to leave the dorm for no reason... that's what you were doing?" He nodded again.

"Yeah... Frank there's actually something I really need to tell you. Will you promise not to think any less of me though?"

I became a bit scared at first but soon promised.

"Frank I-" he cut himself off. "I really like you... a lot... and I first started to like you when we first began talking. Even before we met, I saw a picture of you and was attracted to how you look. Now that I've known you, those feelings have only gotten stronger..."

I felt my heart practically beating out of my chest. Holy fucking shit no fucking way there is no way in hell that this is happening. "Really?" I found myself asking, although my tone might have come off more negative than intended.

He looked down at himself again, this being a sign that he thought I was judging him. "I'm sorry. I understand if you don't feel the same way, if you want we can just forget about it. Please, I won't be weird about it, if you want we can just stick to being-"

He didn't have time to finish however, because I soon cut him off, pressing my lips firmly against his, my arms soon wrapping around his neck. He seemed surprised at first, but soon kissed back, resting his hands on my waist.

When we pulled apart, I kept my forehead resting against his. "Wanna know something?"

"Hm?"

"... I really like you too."