20. More Important Than a Million Stars

Author's Note: Here we go fellas.

Gerard's POV

Letter 150. That's what I was waiting for, and it was only a matter of time before Frank texted me to come into the supply closet. I had been anticipating this moment for awhile now.

I knew it was only a small thing, and it didn't seem like much, but it was still enough to make me happy. No matter the intentions, Frank would always manage to make me smile by writing these letters.

I waited patiently at my desk, expecting any signal for me to come at any moment. My heart skipped a beat when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, but I will admit, I was a tad bit disappointed to see that it was only Lindsey.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lindsey, she's my best friend, but it was bound to be upsetting when you were expecting someone else.

Lindsey: Hey Gee, come to my dorm room. Be quick too, we don't have time to lose.

Me: Lindsey, I have plans with Frank. You knew about that. Why do you want me to come over to your place?

Lindsey: Just trust me Gee, it's very important. I don't have anyone else. Please?"

I sighed before replying. Okay, I'll be there in five minutes. I put my phone back into my jacket and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I paced quickly to Lindsey's dorm, since she insisted that it was urgent.

I gave the door a gentle knock and awaited her appearance. She opened the door, looking down at her phone, supposedly preoccupied with something. "Sorry I called you over here Gee, I just really need someone here for me right now."

"That's fine, Linds. What are you doing on your phone?"

"Oh, I'm just texting Frank. It's fine."

"About what?"

"I'm telling him that I'll be keeping you for a few minutes. He said it's fine with him. Anyway, hear me out for a second."

"I'm all ears," I said before sitting down at the edge of her bed. She definitely looked nervous about something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Ok, in all honestly, I'm just really worried about what I'm going to do after college," she said all this while pacing back and forth in her room. "Like, I know I'll have an art degree, but what the fuck am I supposed to do with it?" She laughed nervously. "I don't want to be an art teacher. I don't think I'll make a living being a painter. I just don't know what I want to do with my life, Gee!" She was biting her nails.

I recognized that all these signs were nervous habits of hers, so she had every right to call me over here. I didn't want her to start freaking out. "Hey, Lindsey it's okay, come sit by me." She nodded slowly but eventually sat down on the bed next to me, bouncing her leg up and down. Another indicator of nervousness.

"Do you have any advice, Gee?"

"I think you should just go with what your heart leads you to, as cliche as that sounds," I laughed at how funny those words sounded coming from my mouth. I was always a logical guy, so I never even talked about all this sappy stuff. I always thought with my brain, not my heart. I guess Frank changed me.

"But how am I supposed to know what my heart wants?" Panic was now appearing in her voice. "Gee, I really don't understand."

"You won't know what your heart wants until it takes you there," I explained. "You may not see it now, and you may not even see it when you graduate, but you'll get there eventually. Opportunity will come knocking on your door, and that's when you'll know."