25

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
December, 2014

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Taking the time to visit the Christmas markets for the first time this year was one of the best decisions I have made recently. Although it was bitter cold, even with all the layers covering me up, I still found some joy in the hot and tasty mulled wine. Definitely one of my favourite things about Christmas. It warmed me from the inside, tingling my senses as I stopped here and there to check out what they were selling.

My luck seemed to be running low, however, because the moment I reached the cheese stand, the first thing that caught my attention was the witch. Then again, her loud cackle was the dead giveaway. Could hear that witch sound from miles away. There she stood, stuffing her mouth with all kinds of cheese, taking light sips of whatever she had in her mug. It was strange. Seeing her make conversation with one of the sellers. Never would've imagined her to do that.

Closing in on her, the lady smiled at me and welcomed me to the stand, offering one of the many kinds of cheese there was.

"Oh. Oh," I chuckled. "Wow. That's good."

"Right?" my mortal enemy grinned, looking at me as she drank from her cup. "Try that one with the cracker."

Giving in, I did what she said. The cheese was actually really good. I kept thinking of all the ways in which it could be put in a meal and it made me kind of excited to try it next time. The Christmas markets always inspired me, the range of food available, the smells and tastes, it gave me such a great canvas that it was actually fun to be outside. Food festivals were also great, perhaps the best place to be.

After a few more tries, I felt kind of sick. It was a lot to have in one go and so I found it best to say my goodbyes. Wasn't even sure how, but Griffin Walker ended up tagging along. Walking in silence, I had to break it by clearing my throat. From the corner of my eye, I saw her pull a face, kind of looking like she felt awkward.

"So," I said a little snappy, a little louder than expected.

"So," she echoed, squeezing a slight chuckle out of me. It had been merely hours since we last saw each other, the dinner being last night. It was definitely random and very strange because her cousin for sure scared the shit out of me. When she told me that it was him who wanted me over, I didn't even know how to react properly.

"I've been thinking..."

"And?"

"I've come to the conclusion that you and I are both alone for the time being. You claim I pretend to care whilst I argue that I do not. Perhaps we could spend the remaining of our days here, before going home for the holidays, so you could see for yourself."

"See what for myself?"

"That I do not pretend. That I am more than the image you painted of me in your brain," I suggested, mainly because lately, there was no proper human interaction in my life. Also, with my days off from work, I needed to do something, anything, that would prevent me from wondering about what my girlfriend was doing and whether or not the rumour could be true.