34

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
February, 2015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I have been caught in my fair share of awkward moments though this one, for sure, outweighed them all. The embarrassment that filled me from head to toe was kind of ridiculous. My stomach must've been bright red because my cheeks felt it. Some parts of me were wary, in case they would burn off. The sweat on my palms, the knot in my stomach. It was all horrible. All because I almost kissed the dickhead who was going out with my best friend.

Yep.

Living up to all rumours, even feeding into Nadine's sick theory about me always going after the lads she is fancying. The thought of that made me feel sick. I was not a cheater. Thinking of how something could've happened if we weren't interrupted, something so dirty and wrong that we could never erase from our lives, was choking me up, tying the knot in my throat over and over.

"Is anyone going to answer me or do I need to scream a little louder? Get another someone up here, hm?" Katherine questioned us.

"Nothing happened," Harry spoke as I remained quiet. Everything was slowly setting into place. The whole day... everything that happened today... I just felt so dirty. Harry was so touchy-feely with me, always being so close and I did nothing to stop it. Not one thing. Almost like his closeness brought some form of comfort which was absolutely crazy to even think.

"Yes, thanks to me," Katherine snapped, keeping her voice low. The door was now also closed, something that we didn't think of when we got back. Then again, in my defence, I only wanted to help him up and go home. "What the fuck were you thinking? Oh, that's right! You weren't!"

"Can you please, calm down?" Harry asked as I sat there with empty eyes. My head was running fast, my heartbeat increasing the longer I stayed in that room, surrounded by these people. I couldn't believe what I was about to let happen. Yes, I did mention we shouldn't be doing what we were about to do but I did nothing to stop it. I just allowed it. That was just as bad as doing it. "My head is sensitive to your numbing voice."

"Well, I'm sorry that it inconveniences you," Katherine continued to run her mouth and I couldn't take it. I stood up and went for the door, almost opening it until she came up next to me and slammed it shut. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Home," I responded, staring into her eyes. She looked furious, absolutely mad at what she walked in on. Me, on the other hand, well... I played the emotionless side of me, just until I was out from under their touches, their prying eyes. I never wanted to think of this ever again. This was wrong. I was so fucking ashamed of it that the urge to tell Nadine about it was beginning to build.

"I don't think you are," she laughed like she had nothing better to do, her reaction more dead than how I felt or wished to be in that moment.

"Oh, yeah?" I scoffed, folding my arms. "What are you going to do? Chain me to your bed?"