40

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
July, 2015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

There I was, after spending majority of the two decades I got to live on this planet in education, now dressed in a white dress. Short and loose lace sleeves covered my arms, a deep V neck drawing attention to my cleavage. The material reached just above my knees, the end of the dress flowy and breathy. It felt amazing to be in that piece, my confidence boosted to the maximum as I stood in a nude coloured pair of blocked heeled shoes. Tying around my ankles and going over my toes, it went nicely with my outfit and gave me the support I needed.

After three, rather dreadful, years at university, it was all coming to an end. Technically, it already ended the second I walked out of the examination room in May but now, finishing it off with a graduation ceremony, I could tie these stressful and very expensive years up with it as though it was a massive bow.

"Twenty-seven thousand, seven hundred and fifty pounds later," I mumbled to myself, looking in the mirror as my hands smoothened down my dress. The debt that built up over the years was more than that number, with that being only my tuition fee. My head tilted, I turned to the side to have a proper glance at myself and the way my dress fit me. Leading up to this day, my mind played constant games on me. Let's just say, I did not think I'd be able to put it on and make myself look presentable today but I did and it made me feel very proud.

One step closer to being my cousin's bitch. But also, one step closer to paying off all that debt. You see, Callum and I had a long conversation about my next moves now that my education was fully complete. Seeing as there was no point in doing a Master's degree, I was going to have to look for a job, right? Whilst I had some experience, realistically, it was not going to get me anywhere. It didn't feel like it, anyway. The smartest move for me was looking through what was already on the table. That was connections. Living with one of them, to start off the list. Although Callum's job was never the clearest to me, I knew he was within the business sector and considering that my degree focused on management, it made sense for me to look at him nicely and wonder if there were any positions where he worked.

I know.

Very wrong of me. Also, a bit entitled sounding, right? But honestly, I knew no one who wouldn't have taken advantage of a connection like that. For the time being, it managed to calm my racing mind. For the time being, it managed to let me rest at night. For the time being, it was okay.

Today, I was going to see a lot of people. People I knew. Also, people I did not. The most difficult ones were bound to be Nadine and Harry. Finished my final year without them and I was going to end my education journey without them. It was tough. Accepting that, was something I found to be still in process.

Nadine and I drifted apart. Harry and I just cut ties. Both hurt but differently.

When it came to the friendship I had with Nadine and how it ended—or how it did not end, to phrase it better... well, that stung. Everything that happened with us, happened over something as ridiculous as a boy. Boys, to be accurate. It started with Joe and it built up to Harry. She couldn't get over the first one and it reflected onto the second one.