15

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
May, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Stirring my coffee to wake me up, the strong scent made Wesley crawl out of his hiding, too. Dressed in his robe, he rubbed his eyes and sat down at the table with his bed hair. He looked like shit. Without even needing to hear him say anything, a mug of coffee was before him with the milk and sugar, a spoon on the side.

Not too long after him, a much happier face joined us in the kitchen. Wearing my shirt and pyjama bottoms that belonged to her, I couldn't help but smile as Griffin stumbled into the kitchen with the same messy bed hair that Wesley rocked. Her glasses sat on her nose and continued sliding down until she pushed it back up with her index finger.

"What kept you up at night?" Griffin snickered as she nudged Wesley, the man groaning at the unwanted touch.

"Wish I could say it was you two but he's either shit in bed or you're a pro at keeping quiet," he gave the response. I was about to say something when Griffin started laughing, clearly finding it amusing. Wes continued. "It's honestly nothing interesting. Just work."

"Don't you work for a big corporation?" she asked him with furrowed brows.

"Yeah... had a presentation to get done. Deadline was seven, this morning," he muttered.

"Shouldn't have lied on the application, pal," I made the side comment, earning a middle finger from my good friend. He put down he had great time management but I suppose he was selling himself out lately with how last minute he can be.

He told me to shut the fuck up then picked up his coffee and went back to his room, slamming the door behind him. He didn't need to leave for another two hours since he had the morning off. Not long after he left the kitchen, Griffin got up from the table and walked over to me, her arms wrapped around my waist and her cheek pressed against my back.

"Are you working today?" she asked me quietly, her fingers drawing little circles on my stomach, over the material of my shirt.

"Yeah. Dinner shift," I told her. "You?"

"No... I'm taking a me day," she mumbled, pulling away from me. It gave me the chance to turn around and face her, bringing my mug closer to my lips to drink my coffee. "I've been feeling really disconnected from everyone. Very... meh. Just don't really know what to do, you know?"

"Wanna talk?" I wondered. Although Griffin shrugged, making me think she wasn't really bothered whether we did or not, the way she glanced up at me was enough to know that she liked the idea. "Might help you feel a little better."

"I don't want to trouble you with it," she shook her head, down playing her emotions. I frowned as she looked away from me, almost feeling hurt that she thought she'd trouble me by opening up.