11

HARRY E

HARRY E. STYLES
April, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I was in shock.

Well, that's what they told me. I had no idea what was happening anymore. The amount of blood that poured out of Griffin's arm was all my mind kept replaying.

She fainted in my arms.

I just remember shouting after that. Breathing heavily. Then someone came and helped. Put us all in a car and rushed us here.

Now we were at the hospital. They let me go after checking me for any injuries or whatever. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention because I couldn't. I just sat there. Waiting. They had to do something to Griffin's arm to stop the bleeding. It looked horrible. Absolutely fucking terrifying. It helped me come to the conclusion that movies and shows will never be able to perfectly convey the horrors of a situation like that.

Katherine and Wesley were fine. They came to the hospital once they could reach me. Callum told me that he directed everyone to go home and be safe, calling Ubers left and right to ensure it. When my friends turned up, he shook his head but didn't say anything. I suppose he understood that they just wanted to make sure I was safe and alive.

He reassured us that everything was going to be fine. What happened, couldn't have been anything but a random shoot-out, perhaps a robbery that went wrong because there were casualties. Rachel was dealing with the aftermath, speaking to the police, tending to the injured as the situation calmed down and the ambulance was on its way. I wondered what Devotion looked like for approximately five seconds before I zoned out.

Griffin fainted in my arms.

Her cousin told me she was only grazed by the bullet and not actually hit. I had no idea how he remained so calm and collected, knowledgeable and an actual adult to turn to for information when everything was so fucked. He seemed worried, though. His girlfriend at the crime scene, his cousin in the hospital.

I was still shaky. My stomach bunched up, a knot sitting in the back of my throat. Griffin killed people. But it was to save us. She looked so strong and determined in those moments, she had hope for both of us. She told me to trust her, she promised that we'd be alright and she wasn't. She wasn't alright because she was bleeding and fainted in my arms.

I still felt her body go still. I hated every second of it.

"Here," Callum stood before me. His shoes were clean. Too clean. He had to have wiped it off to get rid of the dirt. He held a cardboard holder, a cup remaining in it. "It's tea. Drink it."

"No," I rasped. I couldn't have thought of anything worse than drinking a tea.

He sighed. Next, he decided to sit by me. "Look... I understand how you feel. But you need to take care of yourself in order to be able to take care of Griffin. You won't be any use to her if you don't calm down. You reek of anxiety. It will only drive you to another panic attack and make her worry, too," he spoke the words softly but there was some harshness in there, too. He managed to get through to me that way because I reached for the cup. He patted my shoulder a couple of times before he said, "Good lad."