6

GRIFFIN E

GRIFFIN E. WALKER
March, 2020

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Two more days.

Just forty-eight hours and the man on my heel will no longer exist. In my everyday life, anyway.

Rachel took this entire week so seriously that whenever I made one little mistake, she was on me. She was hovering at work. She was hovering even in my free time. She was everywhere. Even though I had the man on watch. When I told her to piss off because I couldn't take it anymore, she gave me an attitude and left me for the day.

The following morning, she was texting to meet up for a coffee with her. So, I did. She drilled me about what happened to me in the one day that we didn't speak because, according to her, there was a certain glow to me. Of course, her next thought was that someone knocked me up. When I told her that I haven't had sex since the wedding, she looked at me astonished. She couldn't believe the words that left my mouth. It was understandable. She knew my body count and it was nearing triple digits.

Eh.

Maybe already reached it. Honestly, I gave up counting in the middle of my second year at university.

After she got over her shock, she continued to push me to tell her what happened. It kind of excited me to be a proper girl for a minute or two and just gush about the kiss. It was incredibly annoying of us but it felt so good. I finally had the chance to talk to someone about it without having to be afraid of hurting anyone in the process or of it ever getting out. It felt normal. Until then, it didn't even hit me how much I needed that kind of normal.

"Hold on a minute—what were you doing in town so late at night?" her eyes clouded with confusion, her eyebrows pulling inwards. Harry tried to get that out of me that night. It didn't work for him. The reason for that was simple. I used his feelings for me to distract him. Saying that makes me sound cruel and as though I had ulterior motives. I did not. I kissed him because I wanted to kiss him. However, it'd be a lie to say it didn't work in my favour in distracting him from the many questions he must have had.

"Well, I left with the intent to do something because I was bored at home. But then this black, shiny car pulled up next to me like I was in a movie or something," I explained everything very detailed. Mostly because that was normal to me but there was also the fact that it dragged my story on and gave Rachel a bit of a headache. I loved to annoy her. Being the oldest sibling in my family, I never got the chance to be truly irritating. Then she came along and everything I had in me, she got. "Then, the window rolled down and revealed Mrs Sagar."

"Griffin," she called my name in a low tone. Warning me. She was not okay with what she was hearing. It happened already so she couldn't have done much about it.

"I know what you're thinking—I was thinking it, too," I commented. "How could I be so stupid to go with her? But honestly, in that moment, I was glad I didn't piss myself at the sight of her."