Pot o' Gold

Mercedes walks up to Santana at her locker.

Mercedes: Hi, Santana. How many solos did you get in Glee Club last year?

Santana: A few.

Mercedes: One: "Valerie." And I loved it.

Santana: I was also the lips in Rocky Horror.

Mercedes: Listen, if you and I were in Shelby's group, we'd get all the solos and the duets. Our voices sound amazing together. Plus, it's an all-girl group.

Santana: Why would I care about all-girl?

She shuts her locker and they start walking.

Mercedes: It's all lady power all the time. I mean, Shelby's a great teacher. I'm... I'm hitting notes I didn't even know existed. She gets me– what I have to give. It feels good.

Santana: You know, honestly, I wish I could, but... somebody's got to look out for Brittany. I mean, that special place where she lives, yeah, it's beautiful, but... someone's got to help her cross the street.

They stop walking. Finn is eavesdropping.

Santana: I could never just leave her.

Mercedes: Get her to come with you.

Mercedes walks off and Santana thinks.

****

Everyone is in the choir room. Tina is crying.

Santana: You know what, girl Chang? If you cry every time someone gets a hangnail, it kind of starts to lose its effect.

Tina: It's not a hangnail. Mercedes was one of Glee's original members. I feel naked in here without her.

At the end of class, everyone is leaving the room.

Finn: Hey, Santana. Ready to help out the team?

Santana: Yeah, of course. Why?

Finn: Just checking.

Santana leaves the room, confused.

****

Santana and Brittany are having dinner at Breadstix.

Santana: Brit. I want to talk about, um, you know, that thing that we never talk about.

Brittany: What, that Sour Patch Kids are just Gummi Bears that turned to drugs?

Santana: Are we dating, or what?

Brittany: Wait, isn't this a date? Aren't you paying? 'Cause I ordered shrimp. Wasn't last week when we were taking a bath together, wasn't that a date?

Santana starts tearing up.

Brittany: Are you crying?

Santana: It's just that I'm really happy.

Brittany: Well, I told you last year that if I'm single and you're single, that we'd mingle. And if there's any controversy that interferes with my presidential campaign, then I'll use one of my leprechaun wishes to win the election.