- Message In A Dream - #2

The inside of the home was beautiful and Well looked after. Some dusty shelves, and a bookcase with some slots missing a book.

They must've been somewhere around the house

While pondering upon a pointless concept, I helped myself to explore.

The living room was the closest room to me, with no one there. The living room read the eerie death of atmosphere. the television was still turned on. Curtains drawn. I seen there was family pictures by the TV and fireplace. Memories of ones close to them.

I heard no one awake, and still felt guilty for something. With breaking an entry adding to that guilt.

I left the living room, I noticed a mirror in front of me. I looked at myself but... I felt different. Like... it wasn't me looking back.
It... bothered me.
I shook it off and looked away, pushing my movements towards the other room. I flicked on the lights to see nothing of interest. Then what awaited my next place of exploration; the stairs.
What awaited the top of these stairs struck fear within my heart and soul. Regardless of that fear, I walked.

Each step sounding like they were trying to communicate something, I ignored. No one was around and I couldn't hear anybody speak. Although... I did listen to the wind speak...
Why did it bring me here?

At the top of the long stairs, there were four rooms. Two on the left, and two on the right. I checked the right rooms first. Nothing but an empty bedroom in one, and a room that seemed like a storage unit. Boring, and unimportant.

As I went to check the ones on the left, I heard a creek. A squeak of a bed. I wasn't alone....