Day Fourteen

"Skyla" I heard Ashton whisper from the kitchen door, I swallowed my coco-pops and looked up at him, he looked disappointed and it made me feel bad, real bad, but I was sick and tired of Ashton making excuses, we all have fears in life and letting them control isn't going to get you anywhere.

"Hi" I whispered standing up and placing my now empty bowl into the sink

"can we talk?" he sighed walking further into the kitchen

"Only if you're going to tell me stuff and not keep using stupid excuses" I mumbled sitting up on the bench . He laughed uncomfortably scratching the back of his neck and walking towards me

"It's just hard to open up to you, I mean we've hated each other for the past 2 years and now we don't?" He said, almost questioning the past few days

He had a point, the past few days have been almost a blur it seemed like one day I hated Ashton and the next he was taking me to a fucking Greenday concert. I sat in silence not sure what to say when Ashton finally broke the pause in the conversation.

"Commitment"

"Okay?" I laughed

"No, like commitment"

"You're speaking english but I don't understand?" I laughed, but his face stayed serious. No emotion showing.

"I'm afraid of commitment, that's why I ignored you, that's why I made you hate me."

My face dropped, like sure it was an actual fear but he could've chose something a little less stereotypical to keep him from me. I sighed standing up and walking over to him

"commitment" I repeated looking up at him

"stereotypical I know" He laughed uncomfortably as if reading my mind

"a little" I giggled walking back to my spot on the bench.

"So" he sighed coming and sitting next to me on the bench

"so"

"what do we do now" he asked leaning back

It took me a while to answer, I mean I had just yelled at him a few minutes before but I wasn't expecting him to actually turn around and tell me his fear?.

"I guess we just keep doing what we're doing and then just help you work through it? I mean its not like you have anything you need to commit to right now but preparing you for the future?" I suggested looking at him

"Sounds like a plan" He laughed his iconic laugh.

4 pm

It had been 16 hours since Ashton told me his fear and I've spent every second thinking of it. Unfortunately me being the curious person I am decided I had a few questions to ask him and I was more then determined to find the answer to them.

As I was walking to Ashtons room to ask the boy some questions I ran into Anne-Marie who was screaming at Harry and Lauren to hurry up.

"Skyla I'm taking Harry and Lauren to a school function, we're going to be back late but there's some food in the fridge for you and Ash" She quickly smiled while pushing very un-interested Harry and Lauren out the front door.

I laughed quietly to myself before proceeding to Ashtons room. Butterflies filled my stomach and I suddenly turned in the opposite direction to afraid to confront Ashton right now.

I kept walking into the lounge-room where I planted on the couch, dammit skyla you've spent the past few days getting pissed off at Ashton letting fears control him and now you cant even talk to the damn boy?!