Day 23

We crept down the familiar stair case, a warm wind circling between us.

We reached the landing, immediately stripping down from our sticky clothes to our swimmers and running into the water.

Refreshed and nervous was how I felt right now. It wasn't because I was on a date with Ashton that made me nervous, I mean I hadn't even told him I considered this a date yet. But my feelings towards Ashton scared me.

I was starting to feel all the same things I felt at summer camp and more. And that's what scared me. I was scared Ashton was going to close me out again if we decided to take a shot at 'us', but then again, I don't even know if Ashton was really into 'us' whatever 'us' is.

I know Ashton has his fear of commitment, I suffered the repercussions of it 2 years ago with out even realising. But these past few weeks I've been 'helping' him through it. I hadn't really done anything, but I knew Ashton opening up to me about it was a big step and he's probably been making small improvements every day that I haven't been noticing.

Why am I even stressing over this, for all I know this could just be a phase and when I go back home next week my feelings for him may disappear in an instance.

"What are you thinking about" Ashton hummed swimming up beside me breaking my train of thoughts.

"Just in awe of this place" I lied looking around.

"You're a crappy liar" Ashton laughed splashing water into my face.

"And you're a crappy decision maker" I smirked

"And why is that?"

"Because anyone with a right mind would know not to start a water fight with me."

I cupped a vast amount of water into my hands, flinging it straight to Ashton who narrowly avoided it by ducking under the water. I cussed, disappointed in myself for not hitting him.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist, pulling me under the water. I opened my eyes to be met by a very smiley Ashton, who still managed to look captivating under water.

I breathed out blowing bubbles into Ashton's face before racing up to the surface.

"I told you I'm good at water fights Irwin" I laughed as I saw him break through the water, ruffling his hair.

"I don't think I've ever had bubbles blown in my face, but I defiantly don't want that to happen again" He laughed.

We were huddled onto the rug, our bodies now dry from the sun, but our swimmers still slightly wet. Ashton had his legs tucked into his chest as I lay across the rug.

"So what were you really thinking about earlier?" Ashton asked looking out at the water.

"Nothing you need to worry about" I smiled following his gaze.

"You'd tell me if something was bugging you?"

"Of course." I smiled.

After a few minutes of silence I looked up at Ashton and spoke again "why do you feel the need to look out for me so much lately?"

"Because I don't want you getting hurt." His words sent chills through my spine. Not because I found them 'romantic' or because they added to the feelings I had for Ashton. But because if anyone was going to hurt me, it would be him.

"By anyone, including myself. " Ashton whispered as if he could hear my thoughts.

We sat there for a few minutes longer, neither of us speaking.

"This has been a nice date" I smiled looking up at him. A small smile creeping onto his face.

A/n surprise ashton it's a date