Day sixteen

It was currently 1 am and my 'little' hang out with Ashton and his friends had extended into an 'extremely long but none the less exciting' hang out. How we managed to stay out til 1 am beats me, but I've never had this much fun, sober, in a long time.

"Okay I get I'm attractive but no need to keep staring" Michael laughed directing to me,

"sorry I was lost in thought" I laughed back, feeling an awkward uneasiness settle over the group.

"So how long are you staying at the Irwins?" Luke asked breaking the silence.

"3 weeks" I smiled contently looking over at Ashton

"3 weeks to long" Ashton joked beside me, I lent over and slapped his arm before returning to my normal position.

"Why didn't you just stay at your dads?" Calum asked,

"That father daughter relationship went bitter many years ago" I said easily. My mum and my dad divorced when I was around 8 and it was all going well until we got into this massive argument a few years back and never bothered to resolve it.

It sounds stupid, one argument ruining such a special relationship, but as the weeks passed I started to find myself not craving his apology and eventually got over it.

"Alright friends well I'm getting tired and think I'm going to head in, you boys sleeping here tonight?" Ashton said flatly making even more uneasy tension fill the group

The boys all agreed to stay and Ashton told them to set up the lounge room like usual, so I guess this is a regular thing. The boys went inside but I stayed out, I needed time to get over the uneasy, almost guilty, feeling hanging over me about Ashton's comment.

It wasn't even anything bad, but the way he said it, the context he put it in affected me. A lot.

I crept back inside seeing the lounge room light on. I went into my bedroom and changed into pjs before walking out and going into the lounge room.

"red alert Skylas in pyjamas" Calum laughed when I walk in, making me go wide eyed

"are we not up to this stage of friendship?" I asked shocked looking around at the three boys staring up at me

"no we are, its just a personal joke" Michael laughed.

"Can I ask a question?"

"you just did" The three boys said in sync.

"okay shut up with the dad jokes and hear me out" I ordered sitting down on the couch, the three boys coming and sitting around me.,

"Did I say something to offend Ashton?", the boys went silent and went back to setting up the lounge room, none answering my question

"helloo" I sang waving my arms around, none of them said anything again.

My eyes darted from one boy to another, landing on lucas, he would be the easiest to brake.

"Okay, that's cool I'll just sing at the top of my lungs until one of you brakes and spills what you're hiding" I sighed, just as I was about to open my mouth luke turned around and dove onto the couch next to me. Easy.

"please don't sing, I've never heard you but I can tell you're bad" he chuckled

"well that hurt."

"But we aren't hiding anything from you," Calum chimed whilst throwing a pillow onto the mattress that some how ended up on the floor

"then why won't you answer my question?" I groaned.

"Because," Michael chirped coming and sitting next to me "what ever you said, obviously did upset Ashton, and it's for you to work out" He smirked