Day 22

"No way" I said changing the song

"Come on it's my favourite" ash pouted
"I'm not listening to some random bands album all the way to the staircase." The staircase is the very original and inventive name we gave our spot yesterday, and today we are on a quest to reach the bottom of it and see what's hiding down there.

"Fine, what do you want to listen to" He asked turning a corner.

"Not too sure" I smirked knowing this would annoy him

"So you make me change the music I like and I'm sure about yet you don't even know what you want to listen to!"

"exactly" I laughed.

"I don't understand stand you Skyla" he chuckled

"Not many people do" I sighed.

"So are you excited for next school term"

"Don't even talk about school" I laughed

"But it's our last term, you have to be excited"

"School isn't my favourite place if you haven't realised"

"I don't think its anyone's," Ashton chuckled turning another corner.

We drove the rest of the way in silence, excitement and intrigue filled the car.

When we arrived Ashton pulled up in the exact same place as yesterday and we got out of the car.

"That outfits cute" Ashton said simply walking past me, I could almost smell the smirk on his face.

It's strange how such a simple compliment like that from him was able to send a shockwave of butterflies and tingles through my body. The same way he was able to at Summer camp.

"You coming?" Ashton called with a hint of a chuckle,

"Yep" I blushed running to catch up to him.

"Lets do this" Ashton excitedly chirped as we started to descend down the stairs.

The bush around us became thicker as we got further and further, and the sound of rushing water became louder. 10 minutes later and we were still walking. The stairs became steeper and more difficult to climb down, for me at least, Ashton was powering through this.

"You good?" he asked turning around and looking at me

"Yeah these steps are just really steep" I puffed.

"Here" His hands reached forward grabbing mine, allowing me to hop down the next few steps.

"Thanks" I laughed.

We kept walking, a comfortable silence sitting between the two of us. Ashtons hand was still intertwined with mine, a tingling sensation buzzing between the hands.

The stairs eventually stopped, a small path taking their place. Ashton let go of my hand intently following the path.

"SKYLA" he called after a few minutes, I ran in his direction suddenly becoming worried.

"Woah"

"Yeah" He breathed out looking at the scenery in front of him. We had come to the end of the path, a water hole taking its place.

"This is amazing."

"This really is,"

"We should've brought swimmers" I groaned eagerly walking down a small stair case leading to the bank of the water hole.

"We can just swim in our clothes" Ashton suggested. Usually I would say no, but there was no way I was missing out on swimming in this. Nodding, I tied my hair into a bun and slowly made my way into the water.

"I didn't think you'd agree" Ashton laughed running down the stairs and walking next to me.

"Look at this place as if I'd say no"

"But you're clothes are cute"

"You sound like a prissy" I laughed before walking further in

"I am not a prissy" Ashton gasped walking towards me

"You sure?" I teased knowing this would upset him

"Yes!" He whined

"Aww baby ashy is getting upset" I pouted

"You did not just call me baby ashy"

"Does baby ashy not like it" I laughed walking further into the water

"Nope" He said before running up to me and swiftly lifting me over his should "and now you're going to pay" he laughed before chucking me into the water.

"YOU NEED TO STOP THROWING ME INTO WATER" I laughed loudly emerging.

"Does baby skywa not like it" he smirked swimming out to where I was.

"You did not just call me that" I huffed

"Aw baby skywa is upset" He chuckled swimming closer, now only inches away from me.

"Stop using my own baby lines against me" I laughed splashing water and swimming away from him. He quickly flicked his hair before swimming after me.

"How amazing is this" Ashton awed looking around him.

"Incredible."

"I can't believe I've never found this place before."

"It's breathtaking" I spoke quietly floating on my back and looking around.

"I know something more breathtaking" Ashton whispered coming and lying on his back next too me.

"You'll have to show me it sometime" I said eagerly earning a chuckle from Ashton "What?"

"Nothing" Ashton smiled swimming around some more.

"So where are you planning on putting the picnic rug" I asked curiously swimming around some more

"Dammit I forgot to bring one" Ashton cussed

"Guess we'll just have to come back tomorrow" I smiled with a cheeky grin on my face

"It's a date"

"Date?" I asked cocking up an eyebrow

"I mean if you want it too be, I was just saying like the expression but I really don't mind, if you don't mind, its up to you." Ashton said quickly

I quickly ducked under the water to avoid his question, and too hide the blush on my cheeks.

I knew Ashton meant the expression, but I didn't realise how affected I'd be by the fact he didn't say no.

Or how much I was starting to like him. Again.