Day 26

I woke up wrapped in my blanket it my own bed. I rolled over but no lump was next to me, a small spur of disappointment rested inside of me but the sound of Ashton cursing made the disappointment evaporate and worry take its place.

Much to my dismay, I sprung out of my bed and down the hallway to the kitchen. I entered seeing a stack of pancakes piled on a plate set in the middle of the table with 2 plates either side of it.

"Morning" I said from the kitchen door making Ashton jump

"Shit did I wake you up?" He gushed putting the 2 cups of coffee down next to the plates.

"No" I hummed walking in biting down a smile "is this for me?"

"Yeah" Ashton said proudly "Surprise"

"This is so cute" I laughed going and hugging him.

"Okay don't get too mushy, it's only date 3" He laughed sitting down in one of the seats. At first I found what Ashton said to be really cute, but then I realised I was in my pyjamas with bed hair and left over make up.

"No!"

"no?"

"No this isn't a date! Look at me, I refuse to look like this on a date" I grumbled sitting down in the seat next to Ashton and placing a pancake onto my plate.

"I think you look good" Ashton shrugged "plus I'm saving the fancy date for tonight."

"What"

"I may or may not have booked us a table at that Italian restaurant, I want to take you out on a proper date" he smiled before showing pancake into his mouth.

I ran around my house trying to find something to wear. Ashton had left a few hours ago to give me some time alone, which actually felt quite nice.

Date 4. Usually by now it was over with the guy or they were study dates. But this was different, me and Ashton weren't rushing and I liked that. We didn't need to talk about the kiss last night because we both knew what it mean, and I liked that. I didn't feel the need to constantly impress him and I liked that. I trusted him, and as much as I wanted to, I didn't like that.

I know Ashton told me I can trust him, but I am wary, the way he treated me after Summer camp will always stick in my brain, no matter how hard I tried to push it away.

'Just forget it and move on skyla, he was a 15 year old boy who pushed you away' is what you're probably all thinking. But I can't. What if he is the same boy but just 18.

Shaking off the thoughts I ran into my mums room and towards her cupboard. I started shifting through racks of clothing I've never seen my mum wear finally finding a capturing black dress.

I ran back into my room changing into the dress and slipping on some heels, double checking my hair and make up was on point before walking down stairs and sitting on the couch.

10 minutes or so later I heard the doorbell wring and I jumped to my feet, walking to the door.

"Miss Skyla" Ashton laughed grabbing my hand and helping me down the first few steps of my patio.

"Okay lets not make tonight to cheesy please" I laughed climbing into Ashtons car. Ashton looked hot, enough said.

"It wont be don't worry" Ashton chuckled buckling his seat belt and starting the car.

"Ashton please let me pay" I whined reaching for the bill. But Ashton quickly flicked my hand away

"No" Was all he said before placing some money in the thing and standing up. Grabbing my hand and gently helping me out the chair, even though I didn't need it.

The staff gave us a small smile as we exited into the cold night.

"Where to now" I asked looking up at Ashton.

"Ice cream?" Ashton hummed

"Only if you let me pay" I sighed walking ahead to the nearest ice-cream shop.

"I'm sorry but no can do" Ashton whispered running up behind me and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Please Ashton"

"Nope"

"Please"

"No"

"You suck" I huffed. We walked in comfortable silence to the shop. When we arrived we noticed it was closed and both let out a massive sigh.

"I guess you won't be paying for anything" I laughed.

"I guess not" He laughed back. "Home?"

"Home it is" I cheered.

We walked around the corner and got into Ashtons car.

The sound of Greenday filled the car, a comfortable silence sat amongst us.

We drove around town having short and sweet conversations until we pulled up into the drive way.

"Day 26 out of 28" I sighed looking over at Ashton.

"26 days to get you back" Ashton whispered before bringing his lips to mine.