Day seventeen

"ASHTON IRWIN" I screamed running into the back yard, the heat instantly attacking my body. Today was extremely hot.

"yeah" he said peaking his head up from his phone

"I am here to apologise" I chirped sitting down on the table in front of him, he giggled trying to restrain his smile causing a sudden rush of butterflies to float around my stomach.

Unusual.

"And what are you apologising for?" He smirked

"for being a bitch, and getting angry at you, and not accepting your apology yesterday morning, I know dads are a sensitive topic around you and I should've been more cautious I'm sorry" I rambled earning another set of giggles from mr Irwin.

"Skyla, I've live with a younger sister, I know how moody girls get, don't worry about it. I shouldn't have gotten so offended over what you said."

"Oh" I laughed quietly, a subtle awkward silence spreading across the two of us.

"So what are you plans for today" I asked quietly hoping this would break the bubble.

"I was planning on meeting the boys just out of town, there's this killer lake we go to"

"oh sounds nice" I hummed. It sounded really fun and I would kill to join, but Ashton's friends are his and I've intruded quite a bit the past few days. Ashton would probably appreciate having some time with just them.

Sighing I laid down on the table, Ashton obviously caught onto the glooming cloud hanging around in my head and as if reading my thoughts spoke up.

"You're welcome to join Skyla, they all really like you, and I've enjoyed having you tag along with us the past few days" a sly smile spread across his lips and a burst of nerves set through me. Why was I all of a sudden so affected by Ashton.

"I don't know, I don't want to be too much of an intruder" I chuckled although I really wanted to go.

"No it'd be cool, get ready though we leave in like 10 minutes" and with that Ashton stood up and walked back into the house.

I skipped back into my room and changed into some shorts and singlet quickly grabbing flip flops. I checked myself in the mirror before leaving and meeting Ashton out by his car.

He hopped into the front seat when he saw me and I followed hopping into the passenger seat.

"We're picking Cal up on the way" He said smoothly pulling out of the drive way.

I reached over and turned up the music, wake me up when September ends by greenday crept its way into the car speakers, surrounding Ashton and I in complete music bliss.

I couldn't help and notice the way the sun hit Ashton picturesquely. His curls bounced around in the sun. The light perfectly highlighted his brown eyes enhancing their twinkle. I scanned my eyes over him a few times, his arms rest on the steering wheel controlling the car with absolute ease.

I noticed the way his cheeks had a light shade of pink and it wasn't until I noticed the smirk resting on his lips that it processed he knew all too well that I was 'observing' him.

I snapped my head abruptly forward, locking my eyes on the road. I felt my cheeks flare a bright red and a small chuckle escaped Ashton's lips which only made my blush harder.

Ashton sharply pulled into a drive way and Calum walked up to the car. I jumped out of the front seat and hopped into the back earning a weird look from Calum and another chuckle from Ashton.

"You okay Skyla?" He asked opening the front door and sitting down where I was a few seconds ago

"Peachy" I squeaked looking out the window, maybe I should've stayed at home considering we only left 20 or so minutes ago and I've already managed to embarrass myself.