prologue

« Finally, the +1 of our group. Isis is our best friend... mostly mine, I like to say. She's the sweetest person I know. No wonder JJ's in love with her since almost three years now. Well, he's the only one that makes her laugh so I guess it's kinda reciprocated. She works at the Wreck since she dropped out of school. She's one year older than us, but we're the only ones she hangs out with. She's named after the egyptian mother goddess and I think it suits her really well. She's always been caring and supportive, and always puts others (especially us) before herself. At the end of the day, everyone should have an Isis in their life. She's a real sunshine. »
john b. routledge

Born in the Outer Banks in North Carolina, Isis Grubbs was one of those who only knew the islands their whole life. But she didn't mind, she had all she needed there. Her caring and resilient mother, her funny and hardworking dad, her few friends from highschool...

She lived on Kildare Island, in the south side area, also called the Cut. Which means she was part of the Pogues, the lowest class. Her family was far from being the wealthiest, but they lived as well as they could. All year, Isis was working in the Wreck, the restaurant owned by the Carreras. Mike and Anna were good to her, aware of her family's financial difficulties, and Kiara was one of her friends, even though they didn't hang out together a lot. Despite her Kook position, Kiara rather hung aroung with boys from the Cut. They often came to squat the Wreck, and always had a nice word for Isis. "Is the waitress on the menu, today ?" JJ always asked. He was the cutest one, according to Isis' point of view, and he always succeeded to make her laugh. "Come back tomorrow, honey. I'll let you know then" she always chuckled.

Isis could say she was satisfied with her life, even if it was sometimes hard. She had enough will to survive through everything. So, the storm coming was just one more obstacle to overcome. She never thought it would take her on an adventure from which she would not emerge unscathed.

 She never thought it would take her on an adventure from which she would not emerge unscathed

this sucks but,,,

I hope you liked it anyway

first chapter will be published on june 21, for the first day of summer
☀️

by then, take care💓