o. before the storm

ᴵ ˢᵃⁱᵈ "ᴮᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ˡᵃᵗᵉ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ
ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ"

【 ♪ 】

ᵗᵃᵐᵉ ⁱᵐᵖᵃˡᵃ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵉˢˢ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ

⭑━━𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢━━⭑

Isis always loved beach parties. For someone like her, who didn't see her friends often, it was an opportunity to meet them in a happy atmosphere that made everyone feel comfortable. It was her safe place.

Except, of course, when those damn Kooks came in to mess things up. Luckily for them, they weren't there tonight. For the first time in forever, Isis really felt like she was letting the pressure go. She felt capable of anything. Like, well... anything.

"IZ!

She turned around and waved to the quartet approaching her.

"Hey guys! We were waiting for you here!"

"We?" asked John B raising an eyebrow.

Isis giggled and gave him a high-five.

"No, just me actually," she said while hugging Kie. "What took you so long?"

"Trying to convince Pope's dad," JJ explained.

"Ugh, that's so annoying..."

"Yeah..." grimaced Pope with embarrassement.

"At least you're here with us, babe!" she gushed with a huge smile. "Chill out, it's gonna be awesome."

She dropped a kiss on his cheek to comfort him. Pope gave her a bashful smile.

"Well, now I'm jealous," teased JJ, crossing his arms on his chest.

Isis imitated him, drawing a smirk on her face. The others decided it was the right time for them to go away.

"You're really funny, JJ Maybank," she finally quipped. "You offered me a date, but I'm still waiting for you to call me!" she exclaimed, pressing her finger on his torso.

"Wait, I didn't know you actually meant it!" he laughed, raising his hands in innocence.

Isis shook her head, narrowing her eyes.

"You're such a dumbass," she sighed, pretending to walk away.

"But, hey, still wanna hook up, right?" JJ hastened to ask, wrapping his arm around his friend's shoulders. "For real. No sneaking off, this time."

"... You're very lucky. Of course, I'm still interested."

"Wonderful, you're wonderful..."

"Not tonight, this is neither the place nor the time. But in the days to come, I would be thrilled. So call me, honey! And I mean it."