i. safe travel home

ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʸ ᵐʸ ˢⁱᵈᵉ
ˢᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ

【 ♪ 】

ᵐⁱˡᵏʸ ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ
ˢᵗᵒˡᵉⁿ ᵈᵃⁿᶜᵉ

⭑━━𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚━━⭑

"Are you coming or what?"

"Don't put so much pressure on me, JB," she grumbled while packing her things.

Isis had been working all day, and was relieved to hear John B offer to take her home. But now, he was starting to lose patience, because she wandered around the restaurant at least three times to bring her things together.

"I'm not waiting for you any longer, so get your ass in the van," said John B before leaving the room.

"Don't be nervous, Izzy, anything you left here isn't lost," reassured Kie, holding her huge sport bag.

"I know," she sighed, stopping in the middle of the room. "Anyway, let's go. Thanks for today, say goodbye to your parents for me!" she said to Kie while hugging her.

"I will, I promise. Have a safe travel home!"

"Tell that to John B, he's the one driving!" replied Isis with a smile.

Her bag hoisted on her shoulders, she put her cap backwards and walked out of the Wreck. When she got to him, John B was already sitting behind the steering wheel of his brown van. He started the engine as she settled on the passenger side.

"Everything's good?" he asked.

"Totally good, you can go. Kiara wants you to be careful," she reminded though.

"I'm always careful."

"I think she's afraid for my life... as she should."

"Coming from someone who got her license after like four tries, I'm pretty upset."

"No, you're not going to make me believe that!" she laughed as he turned his face to her, playing with the wheel to follow a zigzag path. "Watch the road, Wacky Races!!" she yelled, clinging to her seat belt.

They ended up giggling together. Isis was used to John B's little pranks. They got along very well, and she appreciated every minute she spent with him, especially since it was rare. He was a sweet and funny boy. They didn't often talk about serious matters, and would rather tease each other, but Isis didn't see how it could be otherwise. Bottom line was, they didn't really know each other. Isis knew about John B's father, who was lost at sea since about nine months, and that he lived on his own now, but that was all she could say about him. And on the other hand, he was only aware of certain surface details about her.

In fact, Isis wasn't the kind of person to tell her life on every occasion. The thing was, there was not much to tell. In the huge world of commonness, she would totally reign. A simple family, of which she was the only child, a simple school career, a simple summer job. The most simple life. She wasn't seeking adventure though. Nor trouble, like some of her friends. Not that she wasn't reckless or outgoing, she'd love to live an exciting experience. It was just that, for now, her humble life was very well suited for her.

As she looked at the landscape, nodding at the music playing on the radio, one arm out of the open window, John B reached out to grab her old cap and put it on his own head.

"How do I look like?" he then asked.

"Amazing" Isis declared with amusement, taking his sunglasses instead. "How do I look? No, don't answer, watch the road."

He chuckled. Isis turned up the music, and started to hum.

"I don't know this song."

"Stolen Dance, Milky Chance. You're welcome," she replied.

"I didn't even ask!" he laughed genuinely.

Isis ignored him, caught in the lyrics of this song she loved. John B listened to her with a wide smile on his face, glancing at her from time to time to observe her choreography.

When they finally stopped in front of Isis' house, she unfastened her seat belt and turned around to retrieve her bag in the rear of the van. John B looked at her as she checked that nothing was missing. Finally, she looked up at him and gave him a smile.

"Well, I'm going to take this back."

She again proceeded to an exchange to get her cap back, and gave him his sunglasses.

"Thank you for bringing me home," she said as he nodded.

"My pleasure."

"Don't go surfing when Agatha arrives, or I'll tell Kie, and she will be very mad," she then warned jokingly.

"I know, I won't."

"Funny how I don't believe you. Anyway, I hope I'll see you soon. Bye, John B!" she greeted while getting out of the vehicle.

"Bye bye, Iz! Get home safely!" he shouted as she walked towards her front door.

"Yeah, thank you, very funny! Go home, dickhead!" she replied loudly without even looking back.

John B smiled softly before backing up to hit the road again.

⭑━━━━⭑

this chapter was way shorter than the first one, but I hope you still liked it!!

yes Isis and John B's friendship is so cute and they're so supportive of each other I love them

send you love

☀️💓