xxiv. Midsummers

ᶜˡᵒᶜᵏ ˢᵗʳⁱᵏᵉˢ ᵘᵖᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵒᵘʳ
ᴬⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘⁿ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ᶠᵃᵈᵉ

【 ♪ 】

ʷʰⁱᵗⁿᵉʸ ʰᵒᵘˢᵗᵒⁿ
ⁱ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵈᵃⁿᶜᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ

⭑━━𝙈𝙞𝙙𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙨━━⭑

John B dropped Isis just in front of her house, after he promised they would see her again soon and she returned his keys

John B dropped Isis just in front of her house, after he promised they would see her again soon and she returned his keys. The sun was starting to get low, and Kie and her parents would pick her up anytime now. She needed to get ready.

Lana was glad to see her daughter before she'd leave again. They took a good time to speak. Isis reassured her about John B's case, and talked a bit about JJ. She seemed interested, but not surprised.

Later, she showered with cold water --the power was still out-- and put on a satin light pink backless dress. Length to mid-thigh, with up to ankle strappy sandals, she was happy to realize that she would blend in perfectly. She kept JJ's ring on her thumb, just to have a small piece of him with her. And this time, Isis thought about putting her contact lenses on. She was done with blindness.

Lana split her hair in two, and created two braids that flowed over her shoulders.

When Kie arrived with her parents, she was ready to leave. They shared a hug, complimenting each other on how pretty they both were. Kiara's mom, Anna, embraced Isis and told her how happy she were that she came with them.

"Maybe Kiara will have fun then," she said, making her daughter roll her eyes.

Isis let out a laugh.

"Hey, we have to put some flowers in these," said Kie pointing her braids.

Kie had a cute flower crown on the top of her head. So, while their parents were talking, they went out picking hibiscus flowers from the small tree growing in her garden. Luckily, some weren't damaged by the storm. Kiara managed to put one at the end of each braid, holding them with pins. Then, they went back inside in order to find a mirror.

"Oh my," let out Isis. "We're gorgeous."

Kie wrapped an arm around her shoulders and stuck her head on Isis'.

"How right you are," she replied, glancing at her in the mirror.

They giggled, and hugged each other again.

When they arrived to the party, Isis was excited with about everything she saw.

"Do you know all of these people?"