iii. the bad guys

ᴵ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ⁱᵗ ᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ

【 ♪ 】

ˡᵒⁿᵈᵒⁿ ᵍʳᵃᵐᵐᵃʳ
ʷᵃˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ

⭑━━𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨━━⭑

Isis insisted to see her father's corpse

Isis insisted to see her father's corpse. But it upset her even more. His face, usually so bright and cheerful, was pale, and his eyes no longer showed any emotion. But even that didn't make her realize that he was really gone. She couldn't accept.

She felt awfully guilty. If she'd worried last night, even a little bit, maybe he would still be there.

Lana had been out with the officers all day. John B offered to take Isis to the beach, so she wouldn't be alone. He knew she loved to watch and hear the waves. Totally wiped out, she didn't reply. She just couldn't speak. But he understood anyway. With the others, he drove her to the beach. She tried to resist, but not long. She knew deep down she needed it.

Fortunatly, the sea was really calm. The waves washed peacefully ashore on the sand, and brought to Isis an ephemeral feeling of serenity.

"I don't understand how he could've drowned."

"JJ," warned Kie.

"No, really! It's nonsense. Scooter was one of the best fishermen on this island. He was too experimented to just get caught in a storm."

"He would never have done it willingly," affirmed Isis in a shattered voice. "JJ's right, it's fucking nonsense."

She was upset. Everyone could feel it. She was sad, and angry at whoever, whatever had caused this. Angry at herself, perhaps. Even angry at this fucking storm that took her father away. He wasn't supposed to die now. It was impossible. He just couldn't leave them, her and her mom, alone. They still needed him, for a long, long time. It didn't feel right.

John B tightened his hug around her slight body. She started sobbing again, and hid her face in his neck. Afflicted, Kie took her hand to show her support.

Isis felt nearly good, at this moment. But it couldn't last forever. She had to go home with her mother. She didn't want to, though. But she had no choice.

Walking through her door made her sick. She forced herself to stay for the night, but she acted like a dead-alive. She couldn't hear her mom crying. She was just... sitting there, feeling empty. All night long. She might have slept a few hours, but it was all the same when she woke up. She didn't come out of her bed until sun got low.