xvii. unwelcome events

ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᶠʳᵒᵐ, ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒ ˢᵘⁿ
ᴼᵘʳ ʰᵒᵐᵉᵗᵒʷⁿ'ˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏ

【 ♪ 】

ᵗøᵖ
ʰᵒᵐᵉᵗᵒʷⁿ

⭑━━𝙪𝙣𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨━━⭑

They brought back the boat at Pope's. Then, they all split up after giving an appointment the same evening to the Kook's outdoor cinema.

Isis went with John B to his home, since she wasn't able to come back to her own. Hopefully he wouldn't ask for a rent any soon.

She lay down on the back of the HMS Pogue as he drove them through the marsh.

"Are you still sulking?" she asked.

"I'm not sulking, I'm pissed."

She chuckled.

"You'll notice that the two are closely related."

"I just, I-- nevermind," he sighed.

"No, tell me, what's up?"

"I just-- I have to find the gold. We have to. Or, more than our time and efforts, it's all my dad's life, all of his work that would be useless. I can't let this happen."

Isis straightened up and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, look-- not for real, you dork, you'll have us sink!" she giggled as John B righted the ship. "Okay, so listen. There's still hope, right? We won't give up. Not until I'll have the smallest crumb of this treasure in my hands."

John B smiled softly.

"Thank you."

"I'm dead serious, bro. Today is not the day I stop looking for it. Neither tomorrow. You know what? We'll clinch a deal."

She held her little finger out. He hooked his own to hers.

"Deal? We find it? Together?"

He smiled.

"Together. Deal."

"Great," she smiled.

John B parked the boat. He held out his hand to help her step on the dock. They walked to the Chateau holding each other's fingers.