xxxi. here we go again

ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵏʸ
ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗᵒ ᶜʳʸ

【 ♪ 】

ᵏᵃᵈᵉᵇᵒˢᵗᵃⁿʸ
ᶜᵃˢᵗˡᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢⁿᵒʷ

⭑━━𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣━━⭑

When Isis walked in her house, she thought she would spend the afternoon enjoying time with her mother

When Isis walked in her house, she thought she would spend the afternoon enjoying time with her mother. But the latter wasn't alone around the living room table.

"Hey Mom-- Oh," she let out in surprise. "Sheriff Peterkin? What brings you here?"

"Hello, Isis," greeted the Sheriff. "I needed to speak with your mom, and with you, if you agree."

"Uh... yeah, sure," Isis hesitated. "About what?"

"I think you know, dear."

Isis pursed her lips and took place around the table, just in front of the Sheriff. Please, I hope this is not about the Crain's house.

"Two men came to your house, a few days ago," resumed Peterkin, as Isis tried to hide her relief. "I need you to tell me everything you can about them, and what they've done here."

Okay, not about the Crain's house.

Isis shared a look with her mom, who seemed upset.

"Uh... I don't know who they were. They turned up here like... two days after dad--"

Isis felt her throat choked and didn't finish her sentence, but Peterkin nodded.

"A-and, I don't know, they just... began to trash the house. They were yelling about something they were looking for. I think they said..."

"A compass."

Isis briefly frowned.

"Yeah, I think that's what they said."

"Big John's compass, right?"

"I-I don't know."

Peterkin nodded, but Isis saw that she wasn't fooled.

"They hit me," she said quickly. "They strangled me, a-and they threw me to the ground."

"Sweetheart, you don't have to," said Lana with a soft voice.

Peterkin glanced at her.

"Of course," she supported after a second. "Anything more to say?"