xxvii. Hawk's nest

ᵂʰʸ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ?
ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ᴵ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ

【 ♪ 】

ᵗøᵖ
ᵗʳᵉᵉˢ

⭑━━𝙃𝙖𝙬𝙠'𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙩━━⭑

The way to the Hawk's nest was really quiet

The way to the Hawk's nest was really quiet. Silence was only broken by the radio playing music. The more she thought about it, the more Isis got upset by Kie's reaction. Whatever happened between her and Sarah Cameron, she needed to get over it. It wasn't healthy to mull over her resentment like that. Neither for Kie, nor for the rest of them.

"All right," said John B as he parked the van.

Isis unfastened her seat belt and opened her door, ready to go.

"Hit it, boys!" exclaimed JJ. "We're goin'. Recon mission."

"Yo, uh... so," John B interrupted. "Uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight."

"Yeah, of course," said Isis closing her door. "Actually, it suits me. I'm starting to feel tired, so I'll just rest while you go."

"Really?" JJ wondered at John B.

"What?" asked the latter.

"Nothin'."

"I just dont want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery."

"Hey, I'm peanut," frowned Isis.

"Yes, you are," replied John B booping her nose.

She chuckled.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all," said Kie, obviously still upset.

Isis held back a sigh.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" maintained John B. "It's-- it's just, un, like a-- a business meeting."

JJ faked a deep throat. Isis widened her eyes though she couldn't help but giggle.

"Hey, Isis, when will we have business meetings, huh?" he teased.

"Everyday, if you behave yourself," she replied with a laugh. "But I'll make sure we have... equal agreements."

"Don't worry 'bout that, honey."

"Look," resumed John B. "Once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map."

Kie shrugged. "Then promise me nothing's happening between you."

"Nothing is happening, Kie!" supported John B, trying to be convincing.

Isis bursted out laughing.

"I'm sorry," she immediatly said, as JJ and Pope tried to hide their amusement too.