v. first clue

ᴴᵒʷ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ᶜᵃⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵗ?
ᴼᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵒᵒʳʷᵃʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵘˡˡᵉᵗˢ ʳⁱᵖ

【 ♪ 】

qᵘᵉᵉⁿ
ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵇⁱᵗᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵘˢᵗ

⭑━━𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙚━━⭑

"The office. My dad's office," explained John B after they all got up in hurry to follow him through the house. "He always kept it locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him all the time like he was actually gonna find it... But now he's gone, I just kinda... I just left it as he kept it."

He stopped in front of the office.

"Yeah, for when he gets back," said Kie as he unlocked the door.

"Yeah."

He entered first. They all came along with him inside without a question.

Big John's office was a messy room, full of paperwork.

"It looks like your dad has looong studied this wreck," said Isis, impressed.

"Almost all of his life."

"I've slept over here like... 600 times, and I've never seen this door opened," Pope pointed out.

John B covered the chaos of the table with a cork board.

"Is that a family tree or something?" asked Isis leaning over.

"Yeah, exactly," nodded her friend. "Look. This is the original owner, right here."

He pointed to a picture at the top, representing a man dressed as a sailor.

"Okay, Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920," read Kie. "There's the lucky compass right here."

"Actually, um... He was shot after he bought it," said John B.

Isis shared a look with Kiara. The rooster crowed outside.

"Then, the compass was shipped back to Henry..." resumed John B. "Henry was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass."

"I don't like the turn it takes," sighed Isis. "Please tell me it was just coincidence."

He winced.

"After he died, the compass was given to Stephen. He... He had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam."

"Let me guess," JJ spoke in. "He died in action, right?"

"...S-sort of."

"What do you mean?" asked Isis tensed up.