Chapter3:

Yanga
I stood there and watched her walk to the house.
The past few days have been a roller coaster and the funny part is I liked it. I liked how she looks at me when she thinks am not looking. How she smiles at little things that grabs her attention. How she is so curious and mostly her bubbly personality. She radiates of love and laughter. I touched my cheek shaking my head and stood there praying that my family is right about this one.
Khulekani: We have to go boss, we have a meeting with the Nigerians
Me: cancel all my meetings for the week am sure everyone is aware that I got married.
Khulekani: No problem. I walked back with only one person in my mine Yamkelani and somehow that didn't piss me off at all.

Somewhere at Entabeni Village
" yehlisa umoya Phakamani" ( calm down, Phakamani)i paced around the house in agony trying so hard to be calm but I just couldn't.
"  uthi ushadile ma....ubone kahle?" ( you say he got married mother, did you see properly)
" son, why would I lie to you?" I looked at my mother as she was calm as a cucumber.
" we need to do something fast because Yanga cannot be crowned the next king"

Yamkelani
Today is the wedding night and lord am not ready. I went in the bathroom and soaked myself in all the bath salts that my mother gave me. After I was done I took the fresh organic lotion she gave me and applied it than I opened up the small bag she told me to open and took out the most revealing clothes that iv ever seen. I wore the black short nightie that was only lace and had pink fluffs at the bottom. I than got in bed quickly and pretended to sleep. Later on I heard Yanga walk in and heard the shower running after a few minutes he came in bed as the bed gave away. He came closer to me and tried to spoon cuddle me. Out if nowhere my body started to shake. I felt my body tremble from head to toe in fear.
Yanga: Please stop and try to relax I won't do anything to you. I tried but I just couldn't stop trembling. He got out of bed. Went and flipped the lights on.
Me: Am sorry it just that.....
Yanga: No need to explain... he cut me off. " look I know that you mother told you somethings about the wedding night but am not so old school or traditional. You not ready and I am not ready. Now breathe and try to sleep. I was only cuddling because I was cold and you kind of made my bed warm.
Me: But the sheets, they will come for the sheets in the morning.
Yanga: we will deal with that in the morning. For now am exhausted and am sure you are too. Let just try to sleep that all. If cuddling makes you uncomfortable than ill keep on my side of the bed okay. I looked down so embarrassed. Its not that am not okay with it actually i liked feeling his smooth skin next to mines its just that Iv never been in one room with a guy never mind to share a bed.
Me: Iv never slept with a guy. I blurted it out and hid under the blanket.
Yanga: I know, I can tell. Well sometimes a guy and a girl can share a bed and do nothing but cuddle which is what I need today. Think you can manage that? I looked up from the blanket and nodded.
Yanga: let me explain something to you. Am as humane as you are. In this marriage we voice things. This bedroom is the only room where you can scream, shout and lose all your manners with me. Hell if you want to bite me you can.
Me: bite you? I laughed feeling a little better
Yanga: trust me one day you will understand what I mean. He smiled showing a dimple I never knew he had.
" look This is how our marriage will work.Am as clueless as you are about this marriage thing but I do know what expected of you. Scratch all the crap those old ladies told you. Be who you are. Be what your parents has brought you up to be. Don't shy away from me and most definitely don't pretend with me. Let make a deal" he walked closer to the bed and I moved to make space for him as he was now on my side.
Me: okay
Yanga: when we in our chambers or when it just the two of us you will give me the most authentic you ever. You will speak your mind and you will voice anything and everything. Il give you all the respect you need and in return Ill ask for the same. We will talk about our most uncomfortable things and we will always tell each other the truth. When we in here we will find solace in each other after a long day of trying to navigate life out there" he pointed towards the door. I nodded as I looked at him as his eyes changed color to a stronger shade of gold.
Me: your eyes are changing
Yanga: They do that time to time. Now do we agree?
Me: Yes but will you be able to do the same? They was silence as he thought it through.
Yanga: Yes ill try my best to be as authentic as I could be but keep in mind that they are things that are meant to be exposed to a person after sometimes because we fear being rejected.
Me: But if I give you the real me than you should do the same. He smiled showing his perfect white teeth.
Yanga: I think am going to like you as a partner. How old are you?
Me: should you have asked that before marrying me? I looked at him smiling as he chuckled.
Yanga: I should have. You have a soul of an older person but you look in your teens.
Me: am 18 turning 19 and you.
Yanga: just turned 30
Me: you don't look 30
Yanga: good genes. I was really feeling better now.
Me: I want to change the nightie that am wearing but am afraid to leave the blankets. I tighten the cover on my chest
Yanga: i felt some lace, are you even wearing a panty.
Me: mother said never go to bed wearing one. He laughed a rich love making his face crack at all the right places.
Yanga: do you want to wear one?
Me: these sheets are amazing to my ass. He laughed louder.
Yanga: you really don't have a filter.
Me: I know and I wondered why would you pick a girl who runs her mouth like I
Yanga: so you promise to always be yourself when it comes to me? I thought for a sec and looked at him as his eyes changed darker again.
Me: I promise and you?
Yanga: personality wise I promise but the rest will reveal itself in due time.
Me: I can live with that.
Yanga: good.
Me: do we like shake on it?
Yanga: sure. He extended his hand and we shake on it.
Me: To authenticity. He nodded. He got up up from bed and turned and I saw something on his back. " wait" i got out of bed forgetting that am wearing close to nothing. I walked to his back and there at his back he had the most beautiful and a not so ordinary mark that covered his back. His whole back was covered in what looked like a huge lion.
Me: This is so beautiful. I traced my hands on it as the lines were deep and magnificent. " wow, iv never seen such a birth mark in my life" he kept quiet as I touched him. From the hair to the eyes and down to the sharp teeth. " beautiful"
Me: Do all the Royal children have it?
Yanga: Only the ones that has The Curse
Me: The curse. He moved from me.
Yanga: This is one of those moments where we will let time take it course okay? I looked at him confused and so as his eyes changed into a more deeper Goldish brown than the one am used too.
Me: Your eye. He closed them for awhile trying to breathe as if calming himself than he opened them and he looked normal again.
Yanga: Look, for now let not talk about my eyes or my birthmark?
Me: but you said....
Yanga: Yamkelani. I kept quiet as iv never heard him say my name.
Me: you know my name. He chuckled walking to the light.
Yanga: Get into bed please. I looked at myself and quickly ran to bed as he laughed his voice was somehow different and a little husky.

Yanga
I woke up to find her half way on top of me and I stayed like that until she woke up.
Me: Good morning. She nodded and jumped out off bed and went to the bathroom. After a while she came back wearing my giant gown.
Yamkelani: Good Morning. I looked at her and got up and went to pee and brush my teeth. Came back to find her standing and looking at the sheets biting her nails.
Me: And then?
Yamkelani: The sheets are suppose to have a little blood on it for today ceremony to show we consummated our marriage. I stood next to her and looked at the silky clean sheets. I walked to the bathroom to out my shaving blade and did a small cut on my hand than went to the sheets and smeared here and there and a few drops than went to wash my hands. Got back and she was standing there looking at the sheets.
Yamkelani: That not the blood my mother was talking about she smiled shyly.
Yanga: I wonder if they would be able to tell the difference. She laughed so loud and caught herself closing her mouth with her hand. I walked to her.
Yanga: Remember you get to be you here and you get to be whatever the world expects you to be when you leave the room or my presence. She nodded. Just than a knock disturbed us and I went to open as our parents walked in. I stood next to as the walked to the bed and I saw her our smile and do ululations. The sheets were removed and they left. The minute the door was closed i looked at her and we both laughed.
Yamkelani: That was weird on so many levels
Yanga: old people and they traditions. I walked into the bathroom to take a bath and I heard her sing on the other hand. Her voice was so smooth and amazing. She sounded like an angel. I stood behind the door and listen and I felt my blood boil and I tried my best to calm down but I couldn't. I felt my bones adjust and crack and my temperature went high and next thing I was standing on all four paws. I turned and looked into the bathroom mirror and I was now a full blown Tamarin black Lion. Just than the door opened and Yamkelani stood there frozen as she looked at me with confusion.