Chapter 9:

Yamkelani
I tried to move back slowly but I fell landing on my butt. Just than the lion pounced on me and I fainted. I woke up to machines beeping. I looked around feeling drowsy and went back to sleep. I woke up when I heard voices and looked around to find a nurse and doctor. I touched my stomach and felt it was flat and tears filled up in my eyes.
Yamkelani: My child... doctor my child. I tried to sit up as he came to me.
Doctor: She is okay... try and relax okay. I did and woke up the next morning to find a nurse there.
Me: Am sorry where am I?
Nurse: you were flown in from Entabeni reserve to Durban. You at Entabeni hospital. We used the medical aid card in your bag to register your information and booked you for an emergency c-section.One of the hikers found you. Your sugar was low and your BP high. We had to help you deliver.All your things are in the cabinet Mrs Lyon. We found your wallet in your bag with your ID. I looked at her confused as she showed me the duffel bag that Yanga had for me.
Nurse: If you don't mind me asking why were u hiking while pregnant. I have to think of something fast.
Me: I wasn't hiking am running away from my home situation.
Nurse: I can call the cops for you and psychologist or social worker to help.
Me: No I just want to see my baby. She smiled.
Nurse: The most beautiful baby iv ever seen. Don't be alarmed when you see her, her eyes were checked multiple times its just there color.
Me: what wrong with her eyes
Nurse: They gold... iv never seen such beautiful eyes in my life, she smiled and left. I sat there in anticipation waiting to see my beautiful daughter. She came back pushing her in her bed. She was wrapped in a pink blanket. She was fair in color and had a head full of hair and she has small pink mouth. She was sleeping. I smiled as I looked at her.
Nurse:The hiker that found the two of you has been here every single day with his son to check on the two of you. Its a God thing that they acted fast or we would have lost her.
Me: where are they?
Nurse: The father is here but the boy gone. I tried to make myself decent. You can let him in so I can thank him for saving us. She nodded and left and just 5 min later a man the same age my father walked in. He was fair with white hair and blue eyes.
Me: The nurse tells me you saved me. I just wanted to say thank you.
Him: Am glad the two of you are well. He walked to my daughter and smiled looking at her with so much care and admiration.
Him" she is beautiful"
Me: Thank you. He opened up his bag and took out a big brown envelope.
Him: This was in your bag, I wanted to give it back to you..I took it out since you can never trust people. He gave me my envelope and i looked in and found all the things Yanga gave with my other documents and photos that he knew I hold dear to  me.
Me: Thank you
Him: No thank you... I should be going now. I know its non of my business but what are you going to name her.
Me: Khanyisa
Him: beautiful name... He left me feeling odd and out of place. I sat there thinking how on earth am I going to get to Johannesburg.

20 years later
Khanyisa
"Khanyisa, if you don't come down this very moment am going to leave you" my mother called out from down the stairs. I finished strengthening my Afro curly hair straight and tide a bun. I walked down to the stairs and found my beautiful mother wearing a black dress and red heels looking amazing.
Me: Am sorry mom.
Mother: You making me late and I have a board meeting in 30 minutes.
Me: sorry.
Mother: just go get in the car. I walked to the car. My name is Khanyisa Lumile Langa but at the moment an just Khanyisa Lyon. My mom says we had to run away from our village but even she doesn't have the full story as to what we ran away from.she was 8 months pregnant with me when all this happened. Am now 20 years old and doing my 3rd year in university studying to become a lawyer. I don't know my dad as he had to stay behind. My mom still has hope that he will find us but I doubt. My mom is very much in love with my dad who we don't know if his dead or alive. We moved to Johannesburg when I was 2 days old and my mom 22. My dad already had this house brought for us and brought a mine company called Khanyisa for my mom  who is no longer Yamkelani langa but now Yamkela Lyon. I swear my dad is this master mind slashed genius. He made sure that my mother doesn't suffer and did his best to provide for us. I only have a photo of my father who I look like. I got my unusual eyes from him but skin tone that I have my mother to thank. I look like my dad so my mother says. I was looking out the window as mom drove me to wits university. Yes my mother drives me to school.
Mom: Am not going to be able to pick you up, use uber to go home Khanyisa
Me: yebo ma
Mom: have your phone on at all times ill be tracking you
Me: i know
She parked at the gate.
Mom: I know i sound like a broken record by now but I cannot lose you too. You are my life and we fighting the unknown. Until your dad comes back and tell us what happened and if it over.
Me: ma its been 20 years can't we move on.
Mom: you are a princess khanyisa and if anyone found out. Whoever is on that throne now they will want to end us.
Me: we in Johannesburg mom. 500 km away from Entabeni. No one cares about us here. I saw her blinking a few times and I realized that she holding on just so she can cope with having hope of my father still being alive. I looked down.
Me: Am sorry, ill have my phone on. I walked out hating my father for doing this to us. Hating him for letting my mom go through this and making her over protective and bearing. I just hated my life in total ,always looking over my shoulder and being reminded am a princess to a village that I don't even know. I went in school and went to the gym lockers and placed my phone there so mom can check and see an still at school. I took my bag and got in a taxi. If only she knew I know how to ride a taxi she will kill me. I went to the abandoned warehouse building that has now become my sanctuary. I got there and climbed to the roof top and sat by the edge with my feet dangling and looked out on Johannesburg. I cried for awhile letting out my frustration of not knowing my father and hating our situation. Once done. I sang my heart out. It always calmed me down. Today I sang Natalie Taylor- I surrender.

I heard the singing after I finished my meeting with the guys. I cleaned they money and put it in investment and gave them they codes. I walked towards the singing found a girl on top of the roof. She was in pain and The words of the songs accompanied with so much emotion. I stood there listening to her and felt my heart beat in ways that I couldn't understand. When she was done she got up and turned and froze in place looking at me. Iv never seen such a beautiful person in my life. She had skin so smooth as if ugeza ngo bisi( she bathed in milk) her eyes were huge and gold like sapphires. Her body was to die for. Small perfect boobs. Not too short or tall And a figure. She was wearing high waist jeans and a crop top with a biker jacket. She made the look, look sophisticated.
Me: Hi
Her: Am sorry for trespassing. I thought this place abandoned.
Me: It is, I guess we both trespassing. She smiled and my heart stopped for a second missing it beat then beat again. She gathered her things in her back pack.
Me: you have a nice voice
Her: thank you... she stood there not knowing what to do.
Me: My name is Thulasizwe but you can call me Thular. She gave me the most dazzling smile ever and looked down.
Her: You have the same name as my father. I chuckled
Me: He must be a great man than. Her face changed to sadness in an instant.
Her: I wouldn't know. My name is Khanyisa she changed the subject fast about her father.
Me: pleasure to meet you. I walked closer to her and shook her tiny feminine soft hands and I felt my hair stand up and felt a light breeze go up my spine and I knew she the one for me right there and than. She smiled nervously at me and looked down. This young girl is really after my heart....