Chapter 22

Khanyisa
I woke up to find my mom in my room with tears all over her face. I cried and she cried hugging me.
Mom: oh sana lami( oh my child) she wiped my tears. " stop now or you going to give yourself a headache" i tried but couldn't. She hugged me and shhh me to sleep. I slept in her arms like a little baby knowing that Thular is dead. Am not sure how but I felt it. The coldness in my heart was him. The next few days was me mourning and crying myself to sleep. My mother was worried and did her best to keep me calm. It was now 3 weeks since am home and i just stepped out of the shower and was wrapped in a towel when I walked to my room to find my mother sitting there waiting for me.
Me: Hi.. i walked past her and went to the mirror to lotion and get dressed and my back was on her and I heard her gasp and close her mouth with her hands.
Me: what wrong? I looked at her as she looked like she just saw a ghost.
Mom: oh its nothing. I looked at her once more than turned and dropped the towel and lotion. She looked at me with concentration
Me: Mom. She snapped out of it and looked at me and faked a smile.
Mom: Lunch will be ready in 30 min. She left and I got dressed in black boots and pants and hoodie today am going to take a walk a bit in the forest after lunch.

Yamkelani
Iv seen this marking in the library. I walked as fast as my legs could and got there and took out the book on neighboring villagers and got to Enhlabathini kingdom that was home to The Jalis and there it was they unique mark. I read on how they were full of love and unity and how they all can change into a Jaguar. Woman were brown with black spots and males were black. I read all about them until I got to Khanyisa mark. It read:
All marks had unique features based on how they got it and why. Circumstances differ. The darker the mark is that means the person receiving the mark was at the tip of dying and who ever saves them will forever be in they life as a life partner. I stood there re reading the paragraph over and over yet it wasn't making any sense. Did khanyisa almost die and was saved by a Jali? If so what could have killed her? But how can a jali imprints on a woman that was already imprinted on? This was all not making sense to me. I heard footsteps and hid the book and took another random book as Yanga walked in.
Yanga: food ready.
Me: Thank you. I closed the book and placed it back as Yanga looked at me studying me and I did my best hiding my emotions. I kissed his cheek as I reached him and we walked out.
Yanga: are you good?
Me: yeah just tired that all. We got to the lounge and food khanyisa already seated.

Khanyisa
I watched my parents sit and the conversation was lively and I was in my own thoughts and I heard my father call my name a few times and I finally looked up.
Dad: Are you good?
Me: Yeah am good
Dad: Well I was just letting you know that I had an interesting meeting Izolo.( yesterday) i looked at him waiting for him to finish so I can go outside.
Me: about?
Dad: You. Now that came as a surprise
Me: what about me?
Dad: The Jali boy that drop you off the other day came to see me and asked of Ill give my permission for him to ask you out like on a date. My mother was grinning. I have never seen her grin before when Thular was here. What so special about Jali that she grins.
Me: He should have asked me first though, I would have told him what am telling you now. I don't date, I won't date. Am in no position to love a person and more less care for one right now. Am still in mourning my one true love. I got up from the table and looked at them.
Me: Am sorry if I sound harsh but his not my type and he looks old.
Dad: I wasn't saying date him nor marry him but you need to get out more. Meet people live a little, for a 20 year old you look dead, even am afraid to talk to my own daughter cause I fear you will break. Lumile this is no life, people die for various reasons and some are unknown its happens. It life now suck it up and live it. I looked at them both and my grandpa looked at me.
Grandpa: I lost your grandmother unexpectedly and its left a whole in my heart and life but somehow I manage to get up every morning and live and love and find joy. Your are my joy. This family and watching you all navigate through life. You young, you still have so much to explore and given today times its rare to find me who ask the child father to be friends or whatever you call with the girl. He only has good intentions only. I really love my grandfather
Me: What was your answer dad?
Dad: That I doubt you are dating and he can try his luck he has my blessings so long I see my daughter smile again, that all I want.
Me: I love you guys so much and am sorry iv been a pain the past few weeks. My mom smiled and came kissed my forehead.
Mom: we just don't want to lose you that all
Me: I know mom and you won't. Now let me get some fresh air I promise to be around the yard.dad nodded. I got up and walked out. I walked around the yard the to the far end of the yard and sat at one of the stones and let the afternoon sun wash over me as I was deep in my thoughts. I looked up and just let the tears roll down as I thought of all the things I wanted to say to Thular but now have no chance too. " Am letting you go, am letting you go now" i felt so much ease in my heart and the peace was beyond words. I got up and took a stick and walked the way back to the house just as I saw a black car drives up the drive through. I walked up and got closer to see it was a Jaguar and my heart skipped a beat and I saw malume Khulekani speak to the guy that came out of it. I got closer and greeted them.
Malume Khulekani: woza la khanyi( come here khanyi) i stood next to them and looked at them and the driver who looked to scary to just be a driver handed me a note. I looked at them confused.
Driver: its for you. I opened it and it reads:
𝙷𝚒
𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜, 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚑a𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙸 𝚑a𝚟𝚎 a𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝙳𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚞𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙻𝚞𝚔𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 , 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙a𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑a𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙻𝚞𝚔𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚕.

𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖
𝚗𝚔𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚢𝚎

I read the note a few times and laughed. Malume and the driver looked at me.
Me: is he always so sure of himself. I asked the driver who nodded. " its a yes" he opened the back door and took out a box of Steve Madden and a cover bag of Sissy boy and gave me.
Driver: He will pick you up at 6:30. I nodded and he shook malume hands and got in the car and drove off. I stood there for awhile.
Malume: what are you waiting for go dress up. I turned and when I was closed to the door he called out. " It was nice hearing you laugh again Nkosazana" I smiled and went in the house.