15

"So, Cash, are you still going to stay in LA?" My mom asked with a disapproving tone. Here we go. "I don't understand the fuss, I've seen the town, it's filled with sin."

Harry and I both snorted a laugh at her remark. "I am actually quite happy in LA. It's become my home," I said trying to convey my words in a sweeter way than how I actually I meant them.

"I see, still making music for other artists?" she asked. What is her problem? She says that as if it's a bad thing.

"She is very talented, helped me produce many songs on my new album," Harry said squeezing my hand under the table. I gave him an appreciative smile and decided to interrupt my mom's questioning by complimenting my grandmother.

"J'adore la nourriture grand-mère, tu as toujours été mon cuisinier préféré." She smiled at me letting out a short laugh. [I love the food grandma, you always were my favorite cook.]

"Merci, Ignore ta mère, je te promets de l'avoir mieux élevée." [Ignore your mother, I promise I raised her better.]

I had no doubt in my mind that my grandmother raised her better, she practically raised me and I came out great. "croyez-moi je sais." [trust me, I know.]

My mom decided to fall into conversation with my aunt and I was thankful. Harry and I continued talking my grandmother in French. I loved it because we were the only three who could speak it. Thanksgiving was always extremely chill, we weren't a family of strict traditions. Harry and I decided to go for a walk after dinner and we'd have dessert when we came back.

"Nashville is pretty," Harry said as we walked.

"I'm sorry about my mom."

"You don't need to apologize, I know how she is. I'm proud that you stayed confident though."

I smiled at his words and blushed, if anyone knew my ill feelings towards my mom it was him.

"Album release in two weeks, so exciting. What song are you excited to perform?" I couldn't wait for Harry's shows, watching him on stage was like a drug to me, I couldn't get enough.

"Golden," he didn't miss a beat in his reply and I blushed at his answer.

"Well, I am excited to Mitch's guitar solo for 'She', too bad Sarah's dating him," I teased causing Harry to widen his eyes and give me a big open mouthed smile.

"Take it back," he said walking closer to me tickling my sides.

"Harry!" I yelled squirming trying to walk away from him but he slipped his hands around my waist and pulled me into him so our chests were touching. Both breathless and staring into each other's eyes I wanted nothing more than for Harry to kiss me but it was a bad idea.

"Take it back," his voice dropped lower and I gulped as his face leaned down closer to mine.

Screw it, I was used to making bad decisions. "Make me." My response was all the permission he needed to crash his lips into mine and kiss me with deep passion.

With Harry I could forget everything. I could forget Jared. I could forget the break in. I could forget the fact that my album wasn't finished. With Harry I just felt wanted and I wasn't used to that feeling.

"We should go back, grandma made apple pie," I said blushing with a small smile on my face. Harry smiled and licked his lips.

"Come on," he said grabbing my hand to intertwine our fingers.

It was a comfortable silence as we walked back to my grandmother's house, with Harry's hand in mine and the taste of his lips freshly in my mind-- I was on cloud nine.