(Book 2) Chapter 21

(Third person view)

For the last two days, Rin has stayed by his father's bedside and hasn't come out of the room to eat and has only gotten a few hours of sleep. Beelzebub comes in every few hours to check his father's vitals and make sure he's still alive. Rin wasn't allowed in the room for the first few hours, the only people that could be in the room were Azazel and Beelzebub who both had medical practice with demons but Beelzebub was far more educated on the subject than Azazel, they had to perform a few surgeries and heal some cuts but other than that all could do was put him on life support and help him breathe. Rin later came in and hasn't left the armchair since he came in.

"Rin?" Lucifer asked softly as his head poked around the door and Rin woke up ina start and looked around for the source of the voice until he saw Lucifer and relaxed. Lucifer came in and squatted down in front of Rin and took his hands in his. "Rin you need to come out and eat and you need to go to your room and get some real sleep," Lucifer told him worriedly. "No, I can't leave father." "Rin, please, we're all worried about you, and Beelzebub and Lucifer can keep checking him." "But what if he wakes up it something happens when someone is not here, i need to stay here and make sure he's okay. What if he wakes up and he doesn't know where he is or his life support cu-" "Rin, he'll be fine I promise, I can have Beelzebub stay in here if you want, just please you need to look after yourself first or let us look after you." Lucifer tells him and Rin sees him close to tears, he thinks for a moment before saying fine but he won't leave until Beelzebub comes and agrees to stay and look after Father. Lucifer goes and gets Beelzebub and explains and Beelzebub did have other things to do but his brother's health was more important so he went and kept watch over Satan and Rin was brought to get a shower and change. He had his light grey/blue fluffy onsie with bear ears and little tail on. He liked that onsie as it comforted him, it was the onsie he wore in his first mating season. He opened the door and saw Lucifer waiting outside and Lucifer gave a comforting smile and Rin returned with a sad smile. Lucifer took hold of Rin's hand. "C'mon let's go get something to eat shall we," Lucifer said in the best happy and comforting voice he could and Rin nodded and they made their way to the table where all their brothers sat except Beelzebub and of course Satan.

(Lucifer pov)

I lead Rin to the table and deciding sitting alone was not the best option so I sat down and put Rin on my lap and wrapped my arms around his waist. I felt his shoulders relax a little at the comfort. When I had thought about how Rin was staying with father twenty-four-seven when he had been injured I could understand why now, he had the possibility of losing yet another parent. He had already lost his adoptive parent and he was close to losing another. This will affect Rin a lot worse than any of us but my brothers are also in a lot of mental pain and as a big brother I have to take care of them but they also try to take care of me and I find that helpful, just because I'm the big brother doesn't mean I'm automatically not going to mourn like they are.

The chef came out and asked for our order and I had to speak up for Rin as he wasn't in the mood for talking. Once the chef went back in Rin lean back into me and kept nuzzling my scent gland and I let him because the smell of a demon's mate is a very comforting thing and call help cheer up the demon. Azazel came over and brought a chair over close to me and Rin he picked Rin up and I helped pass Rin over onto Azazel's lap, Rin sat sideways on Azazel's lap and kept nuzzling his scent gland. Eventually our food came and Rin ate slowly but he eventually just stopped eating. After a while I sighed and picked up Rin and then asked Azazel to pass me Rin's bowl of soup. I sat Rin on my all sideways and kept a tight hold on him. "Either you eat or I force you to eat," I say and I picked up the spoon and bring it to Rin's mouth and he looks away. "Rin," I say sternly. "I want to see father." He says. "If you don't eat I'm locking you in my room and not letting you out but if you eat I'll let you see father AFTER you've slept at least ten hours." He looked at me as if I had just told a kid he couldn't get the new cool action figure of a superhero. H looked down ready to cry. "Fine." He mumbled I didn't bother making him repeat it. "Open," I say as I bring the spoon to his mouth and he reluctantly takes it. I try to get the spoon out but he gripped it. "Rin," I say sternly and he doesn't let go. "Alright, we're locking you in," I say and then he spits out the spoon looking grumpy and sad. "Good," I say and I pick up another spoonful of soup. For the next hour, it was just feeding Rin and threatening to lock him in every so often. Eventually, he finished and I brought him to his rooms and Azazel stayed with him making sure he slept for at least ten hours. Demons can sense if another demon is asleep or not, yeah a little creepy but it's a normal thing for demons.

(Rin pov)

A soon as I woke up and I was told I had slept for eleven hours I raced out and straight to my father's room and I saw his eyes open. DAD!" I went to race forward but was held back by Azazel. "STOP YOU'LL HURT HIM!" Azazel says as I try to pull against him. "L-Let go..." I hear a tired and painfilled voice and we look to see father looking at us with him holding his breathing mask down. "DAD!" I race forward and carefully get on the bed and I lay my arm on him as not to hurt him. I soon feel his arm wrap around me. Beelzebub stayed in the room checking vitals but Azazel left under the order of father. I eventually fell asleep again but this time I wasn't worried, or upset about the fact that I was going to lose him all over again... I wasn't going to lose my dad all over again.

 I wasn't going to lose my dad all over again