a must read A/N

hey guys. i just wanted to say something important so i'd really appreciate if u kept reading. (i broke it up into paragraphs so it's easier to read)

recently i got asked (i won't say by who) why i decided to write a book like this because it made no sense to them. obviously this book is about living on the economic margins while trying to raise a kid but it's also about the pureness and innocence of childhood.

no i'm not homeless and no i'm not living in a motel but i still wanted to write this story. i'm very blessed, fortunate, and grateful for what i have and watching the florida project really moved me.

i think it is tragically beautiful to see a story that really focuses on the struggles in life and in this world. yes there are tons of mothers like halley and toni (in this fanfic not the actual show) who are living like this in real life. there are tons and tons of people living out of motels in florida and thats really heartbreaking in my opinion. i really want to share there stories and help get awareness out into the world.

i mainly write about the kids point of view because i think that's where it's most important. yes all these kids are in terrible living conditions but they make the most out of it no matter what. kids have crazy imaginations and love going on adventures.
especially the kids who have the most to dream about since they've done nothing "magical" there entire lives due to circumstances such as living in poverty.

it's also important to understand that these parents (including toni and halley) are not bad parents. due to everything going on they can't be hands on parents and that's ok. the kids are on there own a lot and that's can't always be seen as a bad thing. it's how they live and how they've always lived. sometimes this means the kids are vulnerable since there unsupervised but they've got each other to look out for.

the fact that the motel is literally minutes away from the beautiful walt disney world is even more heartbreaking considering these kids and families have never even got to step foot on the grounds even though they are so close.

seeing life, especially this type of life, through the eyes of a child changes the entire living perspective. not only do they make the most of it but there proud of it too. they are quite literally the kings and queens of there own magic kingdom. they use there fun antics and adventures to cope with there real life situation.

a lot of topics like kids living in poverty is hidden in the world and i believe it should be more well known. obviously my book is fiction along with the characters but all these situations are as real and raw as it gets.

i hope this made sense and opened everyone's minds a little more to the true meaning behind this book. i had to do sooo much research in order to make this book happen so i really hope you guys are enjoying it and feeling something for the characters. love you guys and a new chapter will be out very soon! 💗