the start of chaos

A/n: ok so since nobody commented on my last chapter i think i'm gonna do about 5 more chapters of this book before making the sequel. hopefully everyone fine with that :)

toni's pov

me and cheryl walk back into our room which is now crowded since our room is so small. veronica, halley, betty, and fangs are sitting on the bed. sweet pea. archie, and jughead are standing up surrounding the bed. sophie is actually out of the bathroom and sitting on veronica's lap. i assume they said something th at was able to get her to come out of 'hiding'.

"we got sophie to talk to us." fangs says. "yea i see that." i say. "i'm sorry mommy." sophie whispers. "i know you are soph." i say. "tell her what you told us." veronica says to sophie.

"me, moonee, scooty, and jancey went to play at the condos and we went in one of them. we found a lighter outside the condo and scooty thought it was cool so he kept it. we were just having fun and playing until we heard a cop car. we knew we weren't supposed to be there so we all started freaking out because we thought we were going to jail. we were hiding for awhile upstairs in the building until we heard footsteps coming upstairs." sophie says.

"oh my god." i say starting to get stressed out.

"i told eveyone i had a plan so i took the lighter from scooty and lit a pillow on fire once everyone was outside. i never meant for it to hurt anyone. i just figured the fire would cause a distraction and maybe the cop would forget about the fact that he thought any of us were in there. i knew that if he found us in there he would ask to see you and then there would be a bunch of questions and you're already on probation and i don't want you going back to jail! i swear i never did it purposely to hurt anyone. and i didn't mean to vandalize. i did it because i love you and i don't wanna lose you!" sophie says.

she starts sobbing into veronica. "shh it's ok." veronica whispers and rubs her back.

i feel paralyzed for a minute just trying to process everything. i'm broken out of my daze by tiny arms wrapping around my legs. i look down and see my little girl hurt and just wanting her mom. i immediately pick her up and start crying myself.

"i'm so sorry." she cries. "i'm sorry too baby." i say. "no you don't need to be sorry. it's my fault." she says. "it's my fault for making you have to worry about things a 6 year old shouldn't have to." i say and she adjusts herself so she's looking at me.

"it's ok. i don't want you to cry." she says and wipes my tears off my face. "thank you soph." i say. "you're prettier when you smile." she says. "i like it when you smile too." i say and she giggles and wipes her face clear of her tears.

"my heart." fangs says and puts his hand over his chest.

"we have to figure something out though. they still have the lighter." sophie says and her smile fades. "your right. anyone have any suggestions?" i ask and put sophie down.

"me and betty can go down to the kissimmee police station. we can say we're writing a newspaper article on the fire and just try to get some information and see if they know where the lighter is." jughead says. "ok but hurry up it's getting dark out soon." sweet pea says and they both leave.

"we need at least someone to be at the bar tonight." cheryl says. "me and ronnie can go. the serpents will be there tonight right?" archie asks. "yea they should be there." sweet pea says.

"ok well we have to get changed into better clothes if we're gonna be working there tonight. are you sure you guys don't wanna come. you need the money right?" veronica asks and looks at me and halley.

"i'm not really in the headspace you work tonight. ill be fine though. money wise." i say. "same." halley says and veronica and archie leave. "do i even wanna know?" fangs asks. "no." me and halley say at the same time with a laugh.

"sophie no more going out today. you need to stay here until jughead and betty get information from the police." i say and she nods.

"do me and fangs have any jobs we should be doing to help?" sweet pea asks. "can you guys go to the condo? and see if there's anything there. specifically the lighter." i say. "yea sure." fangs says and stands up.

"but boys if there is police tape do not cross it. that makes us look guilty as fuck. they'll start questioning you and that's like the worst possible thing to happen right now. just be smart about your decisions. i mean it." cheryl says. "yes ma'am." sweet pea says and laughs. both him and fangs leave.

"now what?" halley asks. "we wait." i shrug and sit on the bed. cheryl sits next to me and halley on the other side. we start to watch tv and sophie is playing on the floor with her dolls.

1 hour later

it started getting darker and later and we still heard nothing from anyone. "i'm hungry." halley says. "same." sophie says. "you guys wanna order something?" i ask. "please." halley says. "pizza?" i ask. "yes." sophie says. "that's fine." cheryl says.

all of a sudden my phone starts ringing. "oh wait hold up it's jughead." i say and answer the phone

on the phone

j: toni you have to leave now!
t: leave where what are you talking about. and why is there screaming in the background i can barley hear you!
j: theres this mob of people who are angry. very angry.
t: why?!
j: they know toni. they know sophie did it. they have the lighter and they just tested the fingerprints.
t: shit! what do i do?
j: i- i don't know. i think theyre going to the motel to riot or something. apparently the cop suffered 3rd degree burns and is in icu right now. they want revenge toni. they are coming for sophie.
t: where are we supposed to go?
j: i don't think you have time. just hide her. she's in your room right?
t: she's right next to me.
j: ok good. just be prepared. these people aren't playing around. me and betty tried to get out of there as fast possible. it was insane in there. we are on our way.
t: i- ok bye.

off the phone

"call fangs and sweet pea. now!" i say and cheryl quickly gets on her phone. "halley call stacy and make sure moonee and jancey are safe inside." i say and halley nods.

"what's going on?" sophie asks. "look at me soph. they found out. they know you did it." i say and she starts to panick. "no sophie calm down. it's ok. i won't let anything happen to you." i say. "promise?" she asks with a shaky voice. "promise." i say and she nods.

tonight is going to be a crazy long night. and it may or may not end in tradegy.

A/n: like i said in earlier chapters....this book is gonna start getting sad....💔