new bar, new friends

cheryl's pov

it's been a week since we've all last seen toni. today was the opening day of the new whyte wyrm and some of us were here setting up.

"guys can you all promise not to be judge mental of toni's friends or there kids?" i say. "shouldn't you be saying that to yourself?" sweet pea asks. "what why?" i ask. "because we all know what it's like to have nothing. i don't think i can say the same for you." fangs says seriously.

"ok what is this actually about?" i ask. "some of us are regretting trusting you with this whole idea." jughead says. "really guys?" i ask. "yea. your cheryl blossom. how do we know your not going to end up moving toni back to riverdale with you then leave all of us here? we can't afford moving back like you can cheryl. this is it for us. this is it." sweet pea says.

"i wouldn't betray you guys like that." i say. "let's hope not." fangs says. "ok guys just stop. clearly cheryl would never do that. no serpent gets left behind. we're all here for toni so can we just focus on that." betty says.

"sure whatever. so cheryl have you met toni's new friends before?" jughead asks. "no but she's talked about them to me before. i've met all the kids though." i say. "what are they like?" fangs asks. "not normal." i say and shrug. "what is that supposed to mean?" betty asks.

"i mean they are these kids who run around all day everyday unsupervised and watch as there parents are drowning in debt." i say. "yea i guess you can't really expect a kid growing up like that to be normal." jughead says. "it's almost like there the southsiders of this town except it's just a bit more extreme and worse circumstances." i say.

"well hopefully they have a fun night tonight." fangs says. "hopefully." i say.

toni's pov

"do we have to do this?" sophie asks me while i'm fixing her hair. "yup we were invited." i say. "can i wear your earrings?" she asks. "i'm wearing my earrings soph." i say. "but i want to look pretty." she sighs. "you are pretty." i say. "never mind can we just go to halley and moonee's room now?" she asks. "yea let's go." i say.

sophie was wearing a simple and plain black short sleeve dress with black leather boots. this was her fanciest outfit she had. i was wearing a black crop top with black ripped jeans and my serpent jacket. most days i just wear pajamas so actually dressing up for once was nice.

we went to halley's room and ashley and scooty were both already in there. so was jancey but i'm guessing her grandma dropped her off.

"hey tones. you excited?" halley asks me. "more nervous but yea." i say. all the kids are sitting on the bed so sophie runs to sit with them. "so all the people who are going to be there are people you know?" ashley asks. "the ones wearing the serpent jackets would be the ones i know. it's opening night at a bar so not everyone there is going to be a serpent." i say.

"it's so cool that you were in a gang." halley says. "yup gang life was fun. and they were my family." i say. "it's nice they all came here for you." ashely says. "definitely. that's why i kind of want to make a good impression. i dressed sophie nice." i say. "she looks great. and so do you. i love that jacket." halley says.

"thanks. you know there's not really a dress code to wear black and yet all of us are wearing black." i laugh. "well yea we didn't want to stick out like sore thumbs." ashley says. "true." i say.

"are we going to a party with beer?" moonee asks and we all turn our heads. "yes but make sure not to tell bobby when he comes knocking on our door tomorrow morning. i might be hungover so your gonna have to answer the door moon." halley says and moonee nods.