forever yours

toni's pov

"toni wake up! wake up!" i get woken up by jumping on my bed. when i open my eyes i'm surprised to see its moonee.

"moonee? who let you in?" i ask while rubbing my eyes and sitting up. "i did mom. it's her birthday!" sophie says.

"oh that's right. happy birthday gorgeous." i say and pull her into a hug. "thank you toni." she says. "how are you already 7? that's crazy." i say and she giggles.

"i don't know. i'm a growing women." she says and i laugh. "stay little." i say and tickle her. "sophie help me!" she says through laughs. "mom stoppp." sophie says. "ok ok." i say.

"you ready for your party?" i ask. "yep. so ready." moonee says. "alright you two go to halley's room while i get ready ok?" i say and they both run out of the room.

as i got dressed i kept reminding myself how grateful i was to have such amazing friends and family.

moonee isn't even my own kid but god do i love that kid. i'm so happy we were able to give her a good birthday this year. she'll always be like a second daughter to me.

i actually still remember when i first met her.

flashback

*knock*
"sophie you stay right here ok?" i say and she nods.

i open the door to see a little girl with brown hair standing there. she could'nt have been older then 2. she looked the same age as sophie.

"hi little one. whatcha doing here?" i ask. "moonee? where are you?" i hear someone say and look down the hall. "there you are. moonee you're not allowed to run away. i'm so sorry." a girl says to me and picks up the little girl.

"oh don't worry about it. she's adorable. how old is she?" i ask. "2. she's a handful." the girl says. "i have a 2 year old too.  she's in my room." i say. "aw what's her name?" the girl asks. "sophie." i say.

"that's cute. maybe they can have a play date sometime." the girl says. "yea of course. i'm toni by the way." i say. "i'm halley." she says.

end of flashback

i remember it like it was yesterday. time really does fly.

"what are you thinking about mom?" i hear sophie ask and i turn around. "sophie i thought you were in halley's room." i say. "i was but i forgot my toy in here. you seem focused on something." she says.

"oh it's nothing. do you wanna wear this outfit?" i ask and hold up a dress cheryl bought her when they went shopping. "ok." she says and i hand it to her.

she goes in the bathroom to get changed. when she comes out she looks so cute. "oh my god you look adorable." i say. "thanks. it's so pretty." she says. "it definitely is." i say.

"hey mom i have a question." she says. "yea?" i ask. "when i get older will you still love me?" she asks. "sophie, of course i will. what kind of question is that?" i say. "i don't know i was just curious." she shrugs.

"no matter how old you get you'll always be my daughter. and you'll always be my little best friend." i say. "promise you'll never leave me?" she asks. "i promise girly." i say and she smiles softly. "good. now can we go?" she asks. "yea let's go." i say.

at the lodge/blossom apartment

the party is in full swing and the kids are having a great time playing party games and fooling around.

"guys it's time to sing happy birthday!" halley says and placed a huge cake on the table. "cake!" moonee says and runs to sit in front of it. "it's so pretty!" she gasps and smiles. "1, 2, 3." sweet pea says.