the start of a scandal

A/n: things get juicy in this chapter 👀

toni's pov

it's been a month and it's finally time to re open the bar as a casino.

our secret operation.

we've got all the serpents helping us of course and a lot of allies who show up regularly to the bar. we've got the word spread out thanks to veronica and cheryl.

the apartment they live in is housing some of florida's millionaires and they sent invites to all of them. we also have a ton of people who are living in the motel community coming to work.

all the kids are of course welcome to stay in the new and improved basement that is now an area for all kids and teens to hang out instead of being on the streets late at night. we have extra pool tables, air hockey, fooseball tables, a tv lounge area, and arcade games.

it was archie's idea to put in most of these things because he said these were the most popular things that attracted so many kids and teens to come to his old community center back in riverdale.

-

it's 7 pm right now and i'm getting ready for the big night. "hey sophie what did you do today love?" i ask her. "i got ice cream and went exploring with the gang." she says.

"the gang?" i ask and look at her. "yea. me, moonee, scooty, and jancey. we're our own gang. just like you have one." she says and i smile. "mini serpents." i say and she nods.

"what outfit do you think i should wear tonight?" i ask and show her my two options. "where'd you get those?" she asks clearly never seeing them before. "veronica's letting me borrow them." i say. "why?" she asks. "because tonight is a really big night and i have to look nice." i say.

"ok then i choose that one." she says and points to the short black dress. "nice choice." i say and she giggles. "i don't have to get dressed up right?" she asks. "no your fine to wear what you want." i say and she nods.

"can i ask a question?" she asks. "sure soph. what's up?" i say. "what's a casino and why did you turn the bar into one?" she asks. "well a casino is this place where grown ups go to gamble. do you know what gambling is?" i ask her. "no." she says and shakes her head. "ok well gambling is basically just playing games but betting money on it." i explain best i can to a 6 year old.

"lots of money?" she asks. "lots." i say and she smiles. "are we gonna be rich?" she asks excitedly and stands on the bed. "who knows? maybe." i say and she squeals. "we're gonna be richhhh. moneyyyy!" she exaggerates and jumps on the bed.

"woah monkey you're gonna hit your head on the ceiling." i say and she stops jumping.

instead she leans fowards into my arms allowing me to catch her and spin her around. her little giggles fill the room and i feel nothing but pure happiness.

"alright sweetie i need to get dressed now. the sooner i get my outfit on the sooner we can get to the wyrm and the sooner we get that money." i say and set her back down on the bed. "ok mom." she says and allows me to change in the bathroom.

later at the wyrm

"toni we have a problem." fangs says walking over to me. i was watching a game of poker being played while serving drinks. "what's up?" i ask fangs.

"there are about 10 kids outside saying they want to come into the basement but they don't have any parents working here." fangs says. "are they motel kids?" i ask. "what's that?" fangs ask. "um exactly what it sounds like. kids that live in motels." i say.