getting her back

A/n: ^sophie has darker skin btw it just looks a lot lighter here bc of the way the lighting is. anyway, isn't she so cute? 🥺🥺

toni's pov

it's been a few days since the incident at the bar and yes i found out about it right away. i wasn't really sure what to think of the situation since i was getting different stories and points of view from everyone. sophie hasn't even left our room since it's happened.

right now we're both sitting in bed watching tv.

"sophie come on today is the day your going to go outside." i say. "nope." she says and i roll my eyes. "stop being so stubborn and just go do something, anything, outside. you can't stay in here for the rest of the summer." i say.

"i can and i am."  she says and hides her face under her pillow. i sigh.

"soph what's actually bothering you?" i ask and rub her back. "nothing." she says. "clearly it's not nothing. you haven't left this room in over 3 days." i say. "i'm still hungover." she says. "yea nice try hangovers last one day at most." i say. "ok well mine lasts longer." she says. "that's medically inaccurate, genius." i say.

"whatever i'm not that smart." she says. "don't say that. you're smart. but why can't you just tell me what's the matter? i know for a fact you aren't upset over drinking beer." i say. she finally flips over, taking her head out of her pillow, and sighs.

"sweet pea hates me." she says.

"he doesn't hate you." i say. "yes he does. he said we were manipulative and brats." she sighs.

"well were you?" i ask and give her a look. "kinda." she whispers. "then maybe he said it for a reason." i tell her. "ok but i'm 6 and he's wayyy older then me. he should've known better." she says.

"wanna know a secret?" i ask and she nods. "sweet pea is not too good at this whole kid thing. i don't think i've ever seen him with kids besides you guys." i say and she laughs. "yea he's not very good at it. although we did go a little hard on him." she says.

"and that's probably why he went hard on you. he doesn't hate you. he traveled all this way just for you." i say.

"correction he traveled all this way for you. not me." she says. "you were apart of it. he traveled all this way for both of us." i say. "i bet he wishes he could go back." she says.

"sophie girl you gotta stop being so negative. i promise he doesn't hate you." i say. "how do you know?" she asks.

"you're the most beautiful and adorable little girl in the world. sweet pea would've had to lose his mind if he ever were to push you away." i say. "well then maybe he did lose his mind." she says. "no he didn't. he just needs some time to process everything." i say.

"i make life harder for everyone." she whispers.

"hey. that's not true." i say. "yes it is." she says and i stay quiet for a moment. "i love you." i say. "why?" she asks. "because i'm your mom. of course i love you." i say.

"but why? i'm a brat." she says. "well you're my little brat." i say and she giggles.

"ok that's good enough for me." she says and smiles. "yea?" i ask. "mhm." she says and nods. "and don't worry. i'm not going anywhere. i'll always be here for you." i say. "promise?" she asks. "i promise." i say and she cuddles close to me.

i wrap my arm around her and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"i know you like cheryl." she whispers to me. "what?" i ask. "i see the way you look at her mom. you're in love." she says and a small smile appears on my face. "well yea i love her. she was my first girlfriend." i say.

"you should make her your last." she says and my eyes go wide.

"sophie what?" i say and we both laugh. "don't worry i wouldn't mind. i like her." she says which immediately makes me happy. "are you sure?" i ask. "i'm positive. go talk to her!" she says excitedly.

"i can't go talk to her. i have you." i say. "i'll stay with halley and moonee." she says. "i mean i guess that's ok." i say. "yay! go get your girlfriend back!" she says and i laugh.

"ok you can go walk to halley's room. if she asks why you're there just say i'm busy ok?" i say. "ok. bye mommy." she says. "bye soph." i say and she walks out the door.

i quickly get dressed and call a taxi to come pick me up. i knew the name of cheryl's apartment building but i've never actually been there before. i walk out of my room and go downstairs to wait for my taxi.

of course with my luck i run into bobby.

"hey toni where you going?" he asks. "out." i say. "out where?" he asks curiously. "to see a friend." i say. "mhm and whose watching sophie?" he asks. "halley." i say.

"ok well have fun on your date." he says and winks. "i'm not going a date! and why are you so nosy?" i ask and he laughs. "i don't have an answer to that. and your taxi's here." he says and points behind me. "bye bobby." i say and get in the taxi. he waves and walks off.

"where to?" the taxi driver asks. i tell her where i'm going and she drives off. after a few minutes the taxi stops and parks. "here we are." she says. "thank you. here." i say and give her money. i walk out and stare at the building in awe.

"holy shit." i whisper to myself.

the building looked very similar to the pembroke which i assume was the reason veronica wanted to live here. i walk into the grand lobby and go to the front desk.

"hi i'm looking for a cheryl blossom or veronica lodge. either is fine." i say knowing they share an apartment. "yes ok room 232. 3rd floor." she says while checking her computer. "thank you." i say and head to the elevators.

the elevator dings and step in, pressing the button that says 3. when i get to my floor i walk out and look for room 232. after walking down the hall a little bit i find it and knock. the door opens and i'm met with cheryl.

"hi toni." she says.

"hey cher. can we talk?" i ask.

A/n: hi i love sophie and toni's relationship so much 🥰