mother's daughter

nobody's pov

now ashley was revealed the truth. and she wouldn't be the only adult finding out about it.

as scooty was being bumbarded questions by his mom moonee and sophie were forced to face the fire that they had created.

"can you two walk any slower? and what is with the sad faces?" halley asks as they walk towards the crowd near the building. when they finally reach it there are firemen and police cars everywhere.

"oh my god was there someone in there?" a man in the crowd questions. that answer was made clear to everyone when a cop was placed on a stretcher and being put into an ambulance. the cop gave a thumbs up to the crowd signaling he was ok and alive which made sophie feel like she was gonna throw up.

"aren't you excited? this is so much better than tv!" halley says bending down to moonees height as she had her arms wrapped around her. moonee stays silent.

"can i take a picture of you? i wanna send it to ashley." halley says and moonee has no choice but to stand in front of the burning building. "smile girlfriend!" halley says and takes a picture on her phone.

"does anybody know how this started?" a women in the crowd asked. "i think the firemen said they found a lighter." another women says.

sophie overheard and her stomach dropped. if they found the lighter that means her finger prints are all over it and she would get caught. she started to panick and just decided to run. she ran as fast as she could.

sophie's sudden movements made moonee turn around leaving her friend concerned. "uh mom. toni." moonee says and points to sophie running towards the motel. "what the hell." halley whispers. "sophie!" toni yells but she doesn't turn back.
"sophie get over here!" toni screams again but she still keeps running.

toni has no choice but to run after her and halley and moonee follow. toni had her suspicions as to why sophie ran but she really hoped it wasn't true. when they finally reached the motel sophie of course got there first and went into their room.

"are you fucking kidding me?" toni says while jangling the door handle. "whats wrong?" halley asks. "she locked the door. sophie open the door!" toni shouts. there's no response which makes toni even more pissed off. "sophie rae topaz i'm not kidding open the door right now!" toni screams. "no!" sophie screams back.

"moonee go get bobby and ask him for the spare keys." halley says and moonee runs downstairs.

"open the door. sophie i'm not joking." toni says. "no." she says and toni rolls her eyes.

"i'm calling cheryl and telling her to bring the rest of the gang." toni says quietly enough so only halley can hear. "why?" she asks. "we're more likely to get an answer out of sophie if they're all here. also i have a suspicion she's upset about something that has to do with the fire. we need the serpents for back up just in case." toni says. "in case what?" halley asks.

"i don't know. i just want to be prepared. i'm gonna be down the hall when i call them. i don't want sophie to hear. i'll come back when i'm done." toni says and walks down the hallway.

halley waits until moonee comes back upstairs with bobby. "so what happened this time?" he asks. "we're not sure. she locked herself in there." halley says. bobby puts the key in the door and opens it. "thank you bobby." halley says. "no problem." he says and walks away.

halley and moonee go inside but sophie isn't in there. the bathroom door is shut and most likely locked too. "sophie we got bobby to open the door for us." halley says. "i know i heard." she says.

"can you please come out and talk?" halley asks. "no." she says. "soph it's just me and moon right now. can't you talk to us?" halley asks.

"moonee already knows what happened." sophie says. "um no i don't." moonee quickly says. halley looks at moonee and then at the closed door again.

"what is this even about?" she asks. "i think you know halley." sophie says.

the room stays quiet before toni barges in. "halley get out here now." she says and halley goes outside leaving moonee and sophie alone. "what's up?" halley says after closing the door and seeing ashley standing outside.

"what's up is that your kids took my kid to go burn down a building." ashley says. "and he told you this?" halley asks. "i wouldn't be telling you this if he didn't. and guess what topaz? it was your kid." ashley says.

"yea i kinda guessed that already judging by the way she's acting. and why are you being such a bitch right now?" toni asks. "because your child almost just had mine killed by fire." ashley says. "obviously it wasn't her intention to set it on fire." toni says.

"even if it wasn't she still did it. that kids trouble. and i don't want her around scooty anymore. moonee either." ashley says and starts to walk away.

"ashley come on you've known sophie since she was 1 years old. you're really gonna blame a 6 year old for this?" toni asks. "yea i am. and my question is, why aren't you?" ashley says and walks away. "ugh whatever bitch." halley says and takes toni inside.

"sophie get the hell out of there! you literally just cost me my friendship with ashley!" toni says angrily. "chill girl." halley says softly. "i can't chill. and sophie by the way we already found out what happened so you can get out of the bathroom and stop running from your problems now." toni says and sits on the bed with a huff.

"moonee do you wanna go to our room by yourself where it's more quiet? i can give you the key." halley says. "can i go see jancey?" she asks. "i- you know what yea do whatever you want." halley says and moonee practically runs out the door.

"sophie can you just open the door?" toni asks. "i don't want to." she says. "guess what?" toni asks. "what." she says. "i invited the gang over. do you want to tell them that you set a building on fire and almost killed a man or should i?" toni asks. "i hate you." sophie says.

"are you even sorry?" toni asks. "you think i did it intentionally?" sophie asks. "i don't know why else would you do it?" toni says. "you won't understand." sophie says.

"no what i don't understand is why you thought it was ok to even go there in the first place. and did you just happen to steal my lighter that morning before you left? sophie you can't just sit in the bathroom all day and not give us answers because we need answers before you are proven guilty and get taken away! this is serious you are a legit criminal and sitting in the bathroom pouting is not going to make you innocent!" toni screams.

"oh great i'm a criminal? like mother like daughter!" sophie screams back and toni completely loses it.

"you know what sophie you can sit in here all day and just wait until dcf takes you away because at this point i don't even give a fuck anymore and clearly neither do you!" toni says and goes outside before slamming the door.

A/n: was feeling a bit sad when i wrote this so sorry if it got kind of crazy i just put my anger into words lmao 🙈