Insight Theory

Little is known to most about Insight Theory, save for the few scholars who have had run-ins with monks from the Order of One Way. These are typically monks who are looking for unwanted or abandoned children to take back with them to their hidden monastery.

Insight Theory is similar to Holy Sentience, but only slightly. Insight Theory believes that the ultimate moral good is the discovery and preservation of knowledge. Intelligence is not essential; if you participate in discovering knowledge, you have done your moral duty. No person is holy, no living thing at all. Only knowledge matters.

This knowledge is not restricted to any one subject, but tends to favor empirical subjects, like science, history, mathematics, and magic. Psychology and its related fields are more varying by individual, and few have the time to genuinely make a distinct, definitive discovery that can always be said to be true about intelligent nature.

There is an important ethical code to follow here, though; if any action may, at some point, make the pursuit of knowledge impossible or hinder it in some way, it must be avoided. For example, if a monk is attacked in such a way that self-defense may be misconstrued as assault, the monk must find a way to escape that would not create difficulties for other traveling monks in the future. If the monk cannot, and the only option is kill or be killed, the monk would be viewed as a hero for dying and allowing the monks to maintain a stealthier reputation.

Little care or empathy exists in this religious system, nor any concern for a greater being. Whether or not a greater being or force exists is the sole avenue in which divine entities are relevant to Insight Theory. Most of the Order of One Way believe in the Creation Force as a thing that exists, though they simply view it as something that happened, with no relevance to what matters today.