|| "i'm gonna stand up, take my people with me"

I

I . CANT . BREATHE

I grew up learning that police officers were supposed to PROTECT us. not kill us because of my skin tone. the color of my skin is NOT a target.

let me repeat that.

THE COLOR OF MY SKIN IS NOT A FUCKING TARGET!

when I put my hand on my heart and pledged to the red, white and blue flag every single day of elementary and middle school. I was promised justice of ALL!

not some, not a few, not for only pale skinned people but for ALL!

i am tired of seeing my people getting killed by the police, I am tired of seeing my people getting killed by random white men that see our skin color as a fucking threat.

i am tired of seeing my people get killed and not get the justice, they rightfully deserve.

what happened to:

"...one nation under god, indivisible, with liberty and JUSTICE FOR ALL"

there is no if, and, or but about it.

On May 27th, 2020, George Floyd was MURDERED in the FIRST DEGREE, not in third degree but in FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

by the four police officers. not just one but by four.

GEORGE FLOYD DESERVES JUSTICE!

I don't care what we have to do or say because he DESERVES his justice.

I am a sixteen year old, mixed black and mexican girl and I can not just sit here watch, not just one but BOTH of my races get torn down by this horrible HORRIBLE racism.

I am tired of sitting and waiting.

because guess what? I have sat down and waited for SIXTEEN years and NOTHING has changed.

it's the same news story every year or every month:

"a black person had been killed yet again by the hands of a white person"

and I can't just watch my people get turned away from getting their justice. don't you guys understand?

black people are getting murder for nothing. they get shot for JOGGING. they get shot for walking home with skittles. they get shot for grabbing a hairbrush. they get shot for sleeping. they get shot for just existing.

WE . CANT . BREATHE!

if you are being silent and if you are not ANGRY because of this, you are just as bad as the ones who dislike black people.

your voice needs to be HEARD.

even if it's just a whisper, every voice needs to be heard. we NEED you! there are so many things, you can be doing right now.

Even if you just decide to post a simple black lives matter on your story, you are spending awareness to the movement.

you can help, even if you can't go to protests. you still help more than you think.

if you need links to anything, just dm me please. get your voices heard and once they don't you DARE shut your mouth.

much love and please be safe:))

- M

________________________________

WE. CANT . BREATHE

.