Chapter 9 Jaiden

"WHOEVER DID THIS! I'M GOING TO GET YOU! YOU PIECE OF S-" I covered my head to block out the non-advertiser things that Dom yelled. Devon had already woken up. At first, he was mad but then he heard that Dom got the same treatment, and let it slide. I decided to go ahead and check to see if Ari had morning pooped. He had.

"We need to get your nails trimmed, mister," I said picking him up. I put him in his carrier. At that moment, I decided to ask James to go with me. It would be nice to have more than a night with him, especially since we haven't seen each other in a while because of suspicions from other people.

Five minutes later, I ran down to the kitchen with my keys and Ari in hand

Five minutes later, I ran down to the kitchen with my keys and Ari in hand. James was also in the kitchen, eating a whole wheat waffle.

"Ready?" he asked me.

"Ready," I said. But just as we were walking out the door, we ran into Tony coming down the stairs, already dressed for the day. Unfortunately, he spotted me and James and came running towards us

"What are you two doing?" He asked.

"Taking Ari to get his nails trimmed," I said, relieved that I had a valid reason as to why only me and James were going.

"Cool! Can I come to?" He asked. I cringed. This was supposed to be only me and James' time alone. But I knew that if I said no then that would be suspicious.

"Sure," I said in the most cheerful tone I could. James gave me a look that said, good call. Tony jumped in the front seat and James crawled in the back.

"If you want shotgun, you'll have to hold Ari," I said.

"Okay, fine with me," Tony said holding out his hands. I handed him Ari, who wasn't happy to be with Tony and got into the car. I wasn't really in that good of a mood. This was supposed to be MY day with James. I love tony, but I don't know, there's no spark. Maybe I should just-

"STOP!" I slammed the breaks at the sound of Tony's urgent voice. I opened the door to see Adam just standing there in front of the car in the same clothes he had on yesterday, covered in dirt and leaves.

"Adam! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Uhhhh...watering." He said.

"Where's the watering can?" James asked.

"It broke. I'm going to get a new one." Adam replied.

"We only have one watering can," Tony said.

"Right," Adam said, "I'm going to buy a new watering can," Then he looked at my car. "Can I hitch a ride with you guys?"

"Sure," I said with a sigh. Adam got into the back with James and I got back into the car. From now on, I should think before I drive.