Chapter 18 WTF

I am so lost right now. What the actual fuck? I have no idea what is happening. This woman, who looks like an older version of my mother, is coming towards me, and quickly. What do I do? Run? RUN!

"Interview over. Turn the cameras off! NOW!" Khalessi is shielding me with her body. Her ass in in my face this time and she is facing the reporter.

I go to get up. There is not much room between me and Khalessi. I cannot move. Everything around me is blurry. Everyone and everything is fading into one big mess. Like a smeared painting. The woman who intruded this interview is now arguing with Khalessi. There are no distinctive voices. I have no feeling anywhere. The crack is growing in huge proportion. No ache or pain but I know it is tearing. Numb is all I feel.

I am not moving at all, just panting. I open my mouth to scream but I am yanked out of my chair. I go to fight and realize it is Dre, from behind me. Knocking the chair on its back. He tosses me over his shoulder. And I let him. I grab onto his shirt tightly. I look up to see what is going on and it is like a picture. A snapshot. The reporter standing behind her chair with the two guys that came in with her. Sherrie has her hand gripped to her mouth in shock. Welcome! The woman who used to be my mother standing in a triangular form with my dad and Khalessi. I know they are yelling but I hear no words. Just ringing. My head hurts so bad.

I close my eyes. The close of a door makes me open them. My dad's office door becomes really tiny in no time. I can feel my body bouncing on Dre's shoulder. The ground seems so far away from up here. I am thankful for his strength because I do not think I would have been able to get myself out of there.

I feel the black linen glide over my face and the hallway disappears. A door opens and a light goes on. I am being put down. I land on my feet with his hands steadying me still.

"Molly?" I can hear Dre but I cannot make out his face. Everything is still a blur. There is just ringing all around me. "Molly?" A hand is waving in my face. "Hey, you there? Molly I need you to answer me." Dre's voice is urgent and scared.

"Yeah... I'm here Dre." I am disoriented. I blink a few times. His face begins to come into focus. There he is. I can see his eyes now. Still the ringing. He looks kind of funny crouching down to my eye level. I giggle.

"Molly? Are you okay? Why are you giggling?" He is really worried now.

"Too many questions." I shake my head. That hurt and makes the ringing louder. I blink again. It feels like in slow motion. "Water. I need water." My mouth is so dry right now.

"Okay but you need to stay right here. Do not leave this room without me." Dre is insistent. I nod in agreeance and drop to the floor to sit. The ringing is deafening. "Stay." He says pointing at me, his tone laced with implorement and apprehension on his eyes.

I see his figure disappear. I look around me and see a room I know but it is not mine. Not either of mine. Dre brought me to Sherries's room. The ringing lessens some. The objects in the room become more defined. I hear those heels again in the hallway. I scoot back to hide behind Sherrie's reading chair and side table. I bump it but nothing falls off of it. I pull my knees to my chest. I hear my dad's voice echoing over the clinking in the hallway. Hold on. My mother is here. Huh? I cannot seem to comprehend what is happening right now. How did she get in? There is no way she still has a key to the house. Why would she keep it?

"She is still my daughter. And you put her on television for the world to watch her, looking like that?" the abandoner exclaims, emphasizing the word that.

Those words make me so angry. I feel the crack filling with fiery dark matter. I am fuming inside right now but I cannot seem to move. Move Molly. Get up!