Chapter 25 Siren

"Who the fu-" Tibby is squinting at the person who just said her name. "Oh shit! What up Dre?!" 

Dre is now opening the door to get out, leaving the engine running. He glides out of the SUV, shuts the door, and when Tibby reaches him, she wraps her arms around him as much as she can with her short arms. He returns the gesture and slightly lifts her off the ground. I am just standing here as a bystander.

"You 2 know each other?" I stupidly ask. Of course, they know each other.

Dre releases his grip on her and she lands on her feet.

"Yeah. I've known Dre for a while now. We know each other from mutual friends and shit," Tibby explains and Dre smiles. She looks to me and back to Dre pointing, "Wait. You're her bodyguard?"

"Yup. Picked up a gig with my cuz." Dre tells Tibby.

"Warin's business?" Tibby questions.

"Yeah." Dre confirms.

"Oh. I thought it was just for security at the clubs and local events... But that's dope." Tibby and Dre's conversation continues while I stand there observing. I should say something...

"Is Warin the guy that is the guy for Mrs. Garrett?... That was at the house the day she visited?" I ask Dre.

"Yes. That's him," Dre says. I knew they were related. They had some of the same features. I nod to him and stand there as they talk a little longer.

I feel kind of uneasy knowing that Tibby knows Dre, only because I am afraid that my house and everything about my wealth may come up or he might tell her. I mean she knows that my family has money but for the first time in my life I feel embarrassed or guilty or... I do not know exactly what but I do not want her to look at me like a spoiled little rich girl. They get quiet for a split second and I take that as my que to interject.

"Shall we go?" I look to Dre.

"Yea. Let's go," Dre answers. "See you for now," he tells Tibby.

"I'm sure I will see you sooner than later. Be careful out there and tell Warin I said 'What's up!'," Tibby finishes and tippy-toes it to give him a kiss on the cheek and walks away to the building.

Me and Dre walk over to the SUV. "Shit. Wait." I yell to Tibby. She stops and turns around.

"Yeah?" She yells back and heads back towards me. Dre hops into the driver's seat leaving the door open, just in case something or someone unexpected happens. At least that is what I am thinking.

"Can we exchange numbers? ..." I begin to become very unsure for some reason, "...You know, in case I am in the neighborhood." She looks at me quizzically with her eyebrows bunched. I hear Dre chuckle to himself.

"Sure. I don't see why not." She does not question me knowing pretty damn well that I will probably never be in this, or any other neighborhoods I have visited with her again. She recites her number after I pull my phone out of my bag. "Good luck with the... Funeral thing," She wishes me knowing it is a sore subject.

"Thank you. Maybe talk to you soon? I do have to return your clothes." I remind her I am wearing her outfit. I am trying to find a good reason to contact her again. Why? I am not sure but I think I like her and her sister and that adorable little boy.

"I said keep 'em but okay. Talk to you later. Bye Dre." She waves to him as I join him the vehicle. Dre simply returns the 'bye' while he shuts his door.

I close the door and set my bag next to me in the back seat. Dre concentrates as he reverses into a parking space just to turn around and heads out of the driveway to the main street.