Chapter 54 Chaos

Tibby is red and seething with anger. She raises the bat and slams it into the front of his car. The sound it makes is like music to my ears right now. Divoc opens his door and begins to step out. Tibby kicks the door in attempt to close it but his leg is in the way. Divoc yelps in pain calling her a 'fucking bitch' and threatening her. Everything is happening so fast right now. I am still catching my breath.

"Get out of the fucking car now!" Tibby yells at me. I scramble out of the door and head for her car. She kicks his door again, knowing his leg is still in the way keeping it from closing.

"Yo! TIBBY CHILL!" A voice from the yard is trying to get her attention. He continues to call out for her but does not leave the yard to try and stop her.

"I fucking told you to stay away from her. I fucked you up once before but you just don't fucking listen. You think you are invincible." Tibby's voice sounds distorted; her voice, her body, but with a fierce energy to it.

She lifts her bat and smashes the windshield again and again, this time landing the bat in the middle of the hood.

"I fucking warned you!" Tibby growls at him this time.

I am looking around as she keeps yelling at him and connecting the bat with his car. There is a massive amount of people standing outside at this point but no one gets involved. People are in front of this house and all the houses lining the street. I hear a lady in the distance tell a guy to get involved and his reaction is, 'Nah. That's that crazy ass white girl. Fuck that'.

Tibby pauses the smashing of his car for a moment and walks to stand directly in front of Divoc. "This is your final warning to stay away from anyone I know. I won't involve your car next time." He goes to say something but she raises the bat as to warn him to agree or else. He shuts up and tells her 'fuck you'. 'As long as we are understood' is her response. She lowers the bat and heads towards her car.

"Get in the fucking car before I lose my shit on you, too." I do exactly what she says.

She tosses the bat into the backseat and joins me in the front seat. The car is still on so she puts it in drive and pulls off.

"Tibby, I'm-" She cuts me off by putting her hand up.

"Not yet. I need to calm down some." She looks to me then back to the road. Her eyes are scary.

I sit back and slowly buckle my seatbelt. I do my best to avoid eye contact with her. She turned the music off so all there is is our breathing and the passing of other cars. I roll down my window to try and release some of the tension. The air is thick and discombobulated. My thoughts are whirring. I am trying to go over everything that has happened in the past hour. So much drama so quickly.

It was supposed to be eat, movie, home. That simple. But NOOOOOOO. Lyssa had to show her face and Divoc had to be too persistent. Can I catch a break here? Seriously, what the actual fuck?

"You want to tell me how you ended up with him?" Tibby seems much calmer now than she was twenty minutes ago.

"I was on a kind of date with a friend from school, that my dad convinced to go on. He and I were at the mall to eat and see a movie. Divoc was there 'canvassing'," I do air-quotes. "whatever that means, when he recognized me. I kept seeing him throughout the mall..." I go to take a breather.

"He was following you. And canvassing is when him and his people look for girls to pick up and bring back 'home'." Tibby does air-quotes to home. "Home is what he calls the house where he keeps his girls."

"His girls?" He has more than one girlfriend? "Like his girlfriends?" I ask.

"No Molly. Divoc is a pimp. He turns young girls into prostitutes. He promises them the world, gets them to try drugs and, once they become addicted, he pimps them out." My stomach turns at the thought.