Chapter 50 Stories

... "Something like that." Tibby answers questionably. "I should know. They kept screaming at him, amongst other words."

Me and Dre look at each other with big eyes and our thoughts match. Dre pulls his phone out. Tibby and Taze are looking at me and Dre to get in on what we are communicating to each other.

"Is this him?" Dre holds up his phone for Tibby to see. It has a picture of The Voice. That asshole reporter.

"Yeah, but he was not dressed like that and his face had more hair on it." My eyes are huge but I cannot seem to say anything. Tibby looks confused. "Wait you know him?"

"He's the asshole reporter who was harassing Molly after the accident," Dre says with a lot of anger in his tone. He bites down on to his jaw.

"I have to tell Dad." I begin to stand up and Dre grabs my arm.

"We will tell him in the morning. Your old man is exhausted," Dre insists.

"Yeah. You're probably right," I sit back down. Dre mumbles to himself 'you have no idea' but I do not question it. "Hentor really is a piece of work, in too many different ways."

"What a dick," Taze says.

"Better them than me. I would have killed him on the spot. I'm too angry for all that drama shit. Nope! He would have been done for. In front of everyone! No fucks given." Tibby has this devious look in her eyes while she envisions it.

"Right." Taze looks at Dre. "Don't get any ideas. If you don't want a relationship, let me know and you can go. That simple." She side-eyes Dre.

Dre puts his hands up, "Aye, don't take that out on me. That don't have shit to do with me."

"Just saying!" Taze tells him.

"Got it!" Dre drops his hands. "You ready to go relax and watch a movie," he asks her as she yawns.

She nods yes, mouth wide open. They both say goodnight and Taze tells Tibby it is nice to meet her. Tibby promises to stop in the shop next week. Dre and Taze disappear as they make it to the stairs.

"So you see him there a lot?" I need to pry right now.

"Here and there. Only in the past month or so though. Never really saw him there before that. Number 3 and the kids are there often though. Usually on Sunday's, and all dressed up like after a church service. She was wearing sweats and a hoodie and the kids weren't as put together as usual. She's a good tipper and the kids are cute." Tibby recounts as much as she can.

"And he is always with a different woman?" I pry a little more.

"Usually. Only saw him there with the same woman... I think twice. And that's on days that I'm working. I only work there three times a week. There could be more. Who knows?!" She shrugs. "What's the deal with him harassing you?"

"Where do I start..." I think I will start at the beginning... "After I got home from the hospital, my dad got me a new phone because they didn't find mine at the scene of the accident. When I loaded the phone, I had too many unopened messages from that Saturday on. Dad must of cancelled the service until he got me a new phone." I literally shiver at the thought of me opening the message he sent me. Take a breath.

"You okay?" There is mild concern in Tibby's voice.

"Yeah. Well I had a LOT of messages from family and friends. Most of them condolences. Then I opened one from a number that I did not recognize and it was a short video of a broadcast of the accident scene where they removed Curtis's body from the truck and his body was covered, in two pieces next to the truck." I swallow the pain.