Chapter 40 Damage

I close the folder back up and collect all three of them in my arm. I pick up the pencil and highlighter and head upstairs to my room. I am in a zone when my foot slides on the pencil that just escaped my hand. Myself, along with the belongings that were in my grip, hit the floor with haste. I tried to save myself but I only further damaged my shoulder. My impact echoes through the empty house. I initially get upset with myself and then I bust out in hysterics. Laughing at myself, with myself.

After I finally calm down, I gather up the things and finish the way to my room. I walk in and head straight for my desk. I reopen the green folder and go over what I know about this subject. I fly through almost all of it.

The pink folder is full of the PE papers. Shit. I do not really remember any of this. Sports and athletics really are not my thing. Looks like we will be going over all of this. I close the folder and place it on top of the green folder.

The last folder is grey. I look at the worksheets it is encasing and none of it looks familiar. Not like the PE folder where I just do not really remember the details and technicalities of each section we did. No, I do not recall any of this. Like nothing. Is she sure she went to the right class with the right teacher? I will have to ask her tomorrow.

I turn in my chair at the sound of a knock at the door. My dad pops his head in.

"Hi," I greet him.

"Hi. How was the tutor?" Does he not know her name?

"Ms. T? She was nice. She gave me three folders with the work that needs to be completed before finals. She wanted me to go through and complete what I remembered. Which I did already. I don't recognize anything from the grey folder. I think she went to the wrong class or something." My daddy has joined me near my desk.

"Let me see. Maybe I told her the wrong class." He reaches his hand out for the grey folder. I give it to him. He sorts through the papers. "Are you sure this is the folder? This is the correct class. You have had an A in it all year."

"What? Really? I don't remember any of that stuff."

"Maybe it's new material." He suggests.

"Maybe. But I don't remember any of it. Like nothing." I am serious too. How could I forget an entire class?

"That's concerning. I'll call the doctor. They told me you may have a little amnesia because of the concussion you got in the accident." He sets the folder down and takes out his phone. He begins a phone call as he walks out of my room.

I must have had one hell of a concussion for me to forget an entire class. This could be bad. Really bad. What if I forget other things that are more important? Like anything that involved Curtis. I would not even remember if I forgot something... have I? How would I know? My mind is racing and I am trying to go over everything I think I know about him. Any place we have ever visited. All the parties and family BBQs. Our dates and time spent together.

I am feeling dizzy, nauseous even. I am thinking too much. Ugh. My head hurts. Shit. This is me overthinking. I am overthinking. Breathe. Relax. Stop thinking. Find something to do!

I grab my phone and turn it on. I go to look at social media but I do not have anything downloaded on this phone. That is probably a good thing. Yes, yes it is. Social media is this generation's poison. That is the last thing I need right now.

"Molly?" My dad is at my door.

"Yeah, dad?" I look up at him as he comes back in my room.

"You have an appointment in an hour. I'll go with you." My daddy needs to make sure I am okay and I am okay with that.