Chapter 29 Saskia

Sherrie and her look to me. My dad looks mortified... Surprised, to hurt, then angry.

"You what?" My dad says with shock in his voice. "That's why you left? Who, Saskia? Who? Why?" My dad now has as many questions as I do. He is now as hurt as me. I did not mean to be the one to break it to him but he needed to know. He has the right to know.

My abandoner has no words. You could hear crickets, if there were any.

"Molly, how could you?" she says to me as Sherrie dismisses herself from us.

"How could I? You did this. Now own it." I am harsh but she deserves to be outed.

"Answer me, Saskia," my dad demands.

She looks to my dad, "You don't know him and he didn't know about you... Or Molly. I never told him." She begins to cry in her shame and I am getting angrier now that some of my questions have been answered. "Neander doesn't even know where I am. I told him I would be back in a few days and left."

"Some things don't change, do they? You just leave." I am trying to break her. "And what about my brother. Did you up and leave him without an explanation too?" Now she is crying. I made her cry. Good!

My dad is still... still. He has not moved or said anything since his line of questioning.

"Your brother passed away a few years ago." She is crying harder now. Tears sneak passed the hand covering part of her face. Her done-up skin is now being smeared with color like the canvases she used to paint.

"What?" Now I am crying. "First you come here and disrupt my life and tell me you have a new family, just to take it away and tell me my brother is dead?" I literally cannot believe her.

"Novak died from an accident. He was riding his bike and got hit. It was a hit and run. We still don't know who did it." She takes a subtle breather through her sobbing, then continues, "Who killed him... Killed my baby boy." My dad has backed away about 5 feet by now just staring at her.

"Sooooo, you came here to check up on the back-up kid?" I have no sympathy for her.

I now have to mourn Curtis and a brother I will never get to meet, never get to have a relationship with. I will never look into his youthful eyes. I will never be able to ask him what it was like to have a mom raise him. My mom... Our mom.

I want to hate the guy she left my dad for but, how can I? He did not know... does not know about me or my dad. Was she put here on earth to destroy everything in her path?

I have so many emotions going through me right now. The crack is over flowing and the lava is beginning to harden. I begin to choke on my own saliva. Mother is weeping and taking sharp breaths to attempt to breathe and daddy is still... still.

"Sherrie?" My dad calls out and her name echoes off the walls. She appears within seconds.

"Yes?" Sherrie asks taking in the scene before her. I am not sure if she knows what else has been revealed since she left.

"Can you bring Saskia to wherever she needs to go?" He looks to the lady who has crushed both of us... again. "I am going to have to ask for you to leave. Sherrie will bring you wherever you are staying, since you took a cab here." With that, my dad heads away from her down the hall towards his office, grabbing me by my arm and taking me with him.

He brings me to into my room and pulls me in for a hug. Holding me tightly as I cry into his chest. He says nothing. We are both trying to process everything that was just revealed. I am heartbroken and I know he is too. We just thought that she left to pursue her acting career. To find all this out on top of everything else, this is so much.