Chapter Six

Finally, after sleeping for 20,005 years in Qingqiu, Fengjiu opened her eyes.

All were delighted by the fact that their beautiful fox queen had come back to them, especially Zhe Yan who had seen her as his own niece. He had seen her from birth till she was grown up, and she definitely had a place in his heart. The loyal tree spirit was also glad that they didn't have to endure any more terrible cooking very soon. Fengjiu had been the chef of the Bai household, and when she was in a deep slumber, Migu's cooking had been far from unpalatable, it was simply horrendous. Similarly, Bai Qian was not of the cooking type either, so when Qian Qian had been in Qingqiu, she had no choice but to eat raw and under-cooked food, just as she did when she was Su Su, and just before she had met Yehua.

The first thing she had asked was where was her Donghua. Right, Donghua had been with her when she had collapsed, and they had been together. Not just together, but together as a couple. It broke her to know the truth of what had happened. If they had not broken Donghua's oath of never being in love and if they had not succumbed to carnal desire for each other, perhaps he would still be very much alive. She also learned that she had passed the trial by taking the six strikes of lightning, and had ascended to be a high immortal. But because she had indulged in intimacy with Donghua, she had been punished by having to suffer the additional three strikes of lightning. Yet, it was Donghua who had given his life for her. 

Seeing the state of devastation and despair she was in, the Bais and Zhe Yan decided to leave her to her thoughts

Seeing the state of devastation and despair she was in, the Bais and Zhe Yan decided to leave her to her thoughts. Bai Zhen had felt so painful to see the state she was in, but he understood very well what it meant to be in love. He had felt such deep feelings of admiration and love for Zhe Yan in their special relationship, and yet nobody would ever fathom his situation. He would silently and deeply love Zhe Yan. At this moment, the most he could do was be his niece's pillar of support, while she repaired her broken heart.  But he knew, deep down in her heart, there would be a part of Donghua which she would never forget.

Zhe Yan decided to keep the reality of the silvery-white haired boy a secret from Fengjiu. He didn't want Fengjiu carrying false hopes in her mind that he was Donghua, and risk her getting hurt further. There was no actual proof that he was Donghua, and every immortal that knew of Donghua's death had just simply speculated that he had to be Donghua as he appeared after Donghua's passing, but the assumption had been mainly due to his silvery-white hair. Time would be the best medicine. Fengjiu was strong, and although she wasn't able to control herself from harbouring feelings of love for Donghua and giving herself wholly to him, she was a good queen. She would place her subjects over her own needs, and in time, Qingqiu would flourish under her reign. 

After some ninety days had passed, with Bai Zhen's encouragement, Fengjiu brushed away her tears and began to stand on her feet again. Her body was numb from all the pain she had went through, and if not for Bai Zhen not giving up on her, she probably would be still hiding in her bedroom, escaping from reality. With Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan's help, she started cultivating to account for the years she had been asleep. Now that she was far more formidable than before, it was time for her to make a decision that would change everything.