Chapter Twenty

Note:  In the previous chapter, 'amnesia potion' should read as 'Forget River Water' instead. Corrected. (This is also the water that Ye Hua drinks when he is punished to suffer in the mortal realm in Ten Miles of Peach Blossom novel/drama for killing the beasts protecting the fungal grass)

The fictional world of Samsara where Altria and Lyrid exist in is a tropical third-world country in a present-day setting equivalent to 2020.

............................................................................

Twenty-two days after Fengjiu had fallen down the Immortal Punishment Platform, Dijun travelled to the mortal realm with Siming

Twenty-two days after Fengjiu had fallen down the Immortal Punishment Platform, Dijun travelled to the mortal realm with Siming. Unseen by the mortals, they entered a hospital where a patient lay on a bed, attached to a life support machine by lots of cables. This man had been in a persistent vegetative state following a coma, for almost two years. According to the Star Lord, this would be the day written in the mortal Lyrid Dong Shaoyang's fate book, that his life would end due to multiple organ failure.

"What are the circumstances of me using my correction spell to replace the image of him with that of mine, in everyone's minds?" Dijun asked Siming.

"Judging by the amount of cultivation you have, it will not kill you if you need to do it," Siming answered truthfully. "With your power, and doing the math, you have an 80% chance of the magic not backfiring, and some pain is inevitable."

"So be it," the god said coldly, and cast the spell. It succeeded, but part of the spell backfired and the pain was endurable. He preserved the body of the actual Lyrid in a magical container, which he decided to return in the future after Fengjiu's time in the mortal realm was up. Most mortals did not normally live past 100 in these days, but a mortal had a finite lifespan and since Fengjiu's mortal self's fate book was surprisingly empty, nobody knew how long she would come to live for.

For one year he faked a gradual recovery, appearing to be a miracle in the views of the medical practitioners that attended to him. He had started with moving a single finger, slowly giving other hints of consciousness, until it was believed by all that he had miraculously awakened and recovered. In that one year, he was able to gain some insight on the mortal world he was in, which was strangely more advanced from a technological perspective, than the immortal realm. This was due to the fact that it was located worlds apart from the immortal realm, at a distance which was extremely far off in the universe. That had hence been one of the reasons why it had taken so long to track Fengjiu's primordial spirit.

A YEAR LATER

While she was taking a nap during her lunch break, she had dreamed about the purple-robed god again. It was the same dream where she was walking in the air and across rooftops with the god. But apart from the recurrent images of the dream playing back in her mind every time she woke up, she had no apparent memory of it ever happening in her life.