Chapter Sixteen

Note: Ali/Bai Chen is a guest in this chapter. For imagination purposes and request by my friend/co-writer of Fated Calamity, Huang Xuan and Janice Man are "cast" as Ali/Bai Chen and Xifan.

Invitations had been dispatched by the new apprentices of the Sky Kingdom to Qingqiu to invite King Bai Zhi, Queen Bai Fengjiu and Lord Wenchang to Ali's official celebration of his crowning

Invitations had been dispatched by the new apprentices of the Sky Kingdom to Qingqiu to invite King Bai Zhi, Queen Bai Fengjiu and Lord Wenchang to Ali's official celebration of his crowning. Being the only child of Yehua and Bai Qian, and due to his great influence in the Sky Kingdom, he had no competition as the Crown Prince, and was next in line for the throne should Yehua decide to abdicate one day. 

Wenchang was delighted on discovering that the messengers tasked with delivering the invitations to Qingqiu had been his martial junior brothers Jianwei (Seventy-Four) and Hao Xinzhi (Seventy-Five) respectively, but instead of rushing out to greet them, he instead invited them to meet him at the cottage, with a cool look pasted across his face. Now that he was a Dijun himself, he apparently had taken on a 'cold' demeanour. While he wasn't a heartless god at heart, he had grown to become more mysterious and often appeared emotionless, but in fact he was just becoming an expert in hiding his emotions.

Nevertheless, Jianwei and Xinzhi were glad to be given an opportunity to indulge in the delicacies of Qingqiu with their martial-brother, of whom they have not met in a long time. They had been referred by Mo Yuan to assist with Yehua's duties in place of Seventy-Three after he had been sent to the Sky Kingdom and later ascended to be a lord himself. Their diligence and meticulousness had been what had kept them in the Nine Heavens.

When Fengjiu came around to the cottage, she was perplexed to see the trio lying together in a messy heap atop Wenchang's bed. At the same time, she found it laughable that three grown men were sleeping together and sharing a narrow bed and torn blanket. She left to do her rounds in the Qingqiu market and survey her lands if there were any issues or disputes with her subjects.

.........................................................................

Fengjiu looked exceptionally stunning in her new violet-coloured gown, a gift from Wenchang himself. She had accepted it as a gift for 'living off' her, which he further explained had been a way to pay her rent as he had been living in the kingdom for free, and he didn't want to be dubbed a freeloader. Fengjiu had laughed it off, thinking how his words had been so intelligent, and yet this he was being corny by having to 'repay' her for living in her lands.

She had already missed little Ali's coming-of-age celebration when she had got injured by trying to help the little mortal boy, and disguised as a spiritual fox by Zhe Yan to hide her presence from her fox family.  She wouldn't miss his official crowning ceremony, she promised. Anyway, the celebration was only for three days.

In a hidden 'secret' spot in one of the gardens at the Nine Heavens where only she and Little Ali knew of, she saw Little Ali himself link arms with a young female immortal. But he wasn't Little Riceball Ali any more, he was now Bai Chen. He had a proper name, along with a surname, and he was now a grown immortal. He wasn't the child Fengjiu used to hold in her lap as a princess and take with her everywhere when he visited Qingqiu. Perhaps this little lady was the reason that he had not been visiting her after her return from the mortal realm, Fengjiu thought with a giggle.