Chapter Twenty-Nine

I thought you were my fairytale, A dream when I'm not sleeping

A wish upon a star, That's coming true

But everybody else could tell, That I confused my feelings with the truth

When there was me and you......

I can't believe, That I could be so blind

It's like you were floating, While I was falling

And I didn't mind, 'Cause I liked the view

I thought you felt it too, When there was me and you....

---When There Was Me and You lyrics © Walt Disney Music Co. Ltd., Walt Disney Music Company

One month after the vacation, Altria and Lyrid are happily dating and she is still working at Dong's Group of Companies.

"Ly, I forgot my pouch," a flustered Altria said. They were about to leave for dinner at a classy Mexican restaurant downtown, but she had just recalled that she had left her pouch in her office. As Lyrid rushed  to retrieve it for her, she began browsing in the vehicle for a USB port to charge her phone before it ran out of juice. As she reached into the storage compartment for his mobile car charger, she unexpectedly found a brochure for a diamond ring. Curiously, she scrutinised the advertised ring to realise that it had an exquisite marksmanship and the embeeded diamond was significantly large, suggesting it was very expensive. It had to be a six-carat ring, she realised and confirmed the same by going to the jeweller's online store to check the price of the ring in the brochure.

Upon noticing from the window that he was about to return to the car, Altria quickly shoved the brochure back into the compartment and pretended to be looking at something else on her phone

Upon noticing from the window that he was about to return to the car, Altria quickly shoved the brochure back into the compartment and pretended to be looking at something else on her phone. Lyrid handed her the pouch, and they started on their journey downtown. 

As they were having their main course, Lyrid slowly extracted a maroon box from his pocket and handed it to Altria, requesting her to open it. Albeit that she was expecting it to be the ring from the brochure earlier, she was aware that it was not a good way for a man to present an engagement ring to a woman without flowers or gifts. To her surprise, it was a red bracelet. The bracelet had a bell-and-arrowhead resembling the bells and arrowhead that Dijun had retrieved from the mortal realm following his mortal trial as the Song Emperor. He had it brilliantly designed and made into a bracelet as a gift to Altria. The bells were made of gold, and the arrowhead of silver.